Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Tough one today.  Out late 2 nights in a row makes 4:30am come way to early.  I have to remember I am not 21 anymore..lol  Wanted to do 7 miles but stopped at 4 miles.  Still in it...Not as many miles as you more expereinced runners but happy with it.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Lol, sounds like me, but after an hour of overdoing it, I set it back to default and kept it pretty close to that. 

--- I still can't believe LedLincoln does not have the 'running streak' widget on there.  Did I miss you discussing somewhere in this long thread what your streak is?  Looking at your solid-color chart makes me curious just how far that goes back...  

Okay, I put the widget in, just for you.  44 days, 319.9 miles. Smile

Tough one today.

Got up early to catch a flight.  Between the trip to the airport, waiting around, flying to Mexico, waiting around, shuttle to hotel it took about 12 hours.  

Got here at about 5:00 PM with sore legs and a sick wife (probably the same cold/flu that all of you are reporting).

Got out for 5 miles in the humidity and it was AWESOME.  At least I can wear shorts again.

My wife thinks I am nuts because of this streak.

Anyways, tequila awaits!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Ojo

Tough one today.  Out late 2 nights in a row makes 4:30am come way to early.  I have to remember I am not 21 anymore..lol  Wanted to do 7 miles but stopped at 4 miles.  Still in it...Not as many miles as you more expereinced runners but happy with it.

Good for you!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

Feeling the growl again

I did a 4hr, 33 mile treadmill run on Wednesday and promptly got sick Thursday (caught bronchitis from my daughter).  I managed to stagger 6 before getting off the treadmill.  Today was ALMOST the end of the streak, I got 1.5mi in running back from dropping a vehicle off at the mechanic's and then spent the bulk of the day in bed.

And I have a 5K tomorrow.  Heh.

So I caught up to 400 mile pace, and promptly fell right back off the wagon.  Roll eyes

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

PADRunner

2 today for 31 days and a full board!

Mmmmm...beer

I'm out Sad  Life got the best of me yesterday and my run never happened.  Went 30 days straight for 235 miles tho, not too shabby.  Good luck on keep your streaks going everyone! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Seanv2

Definitely my toughest one yet.  Multi-tasked running with moving related errands.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Ojo

I thought I would share my run with you all today.  About 125 people ran 12 miles from Roxbury, CT to Newtown, CT to benefit the families of tragedy.  We raised just over $5,000.  It was a chilly but beautiful morning with snow flurries -- definitely one of the hardest runs I have ever done.  Runners are good people.

Sara

MM #2929

Seanv2

I thought I would share my run with you all today.  About 125 people ran 12 miles from Roxbury, CT to Newtown, CT to benefit the families of tragedy.  We raised just over $5,000.  It was a chilly but beautiful morning with snow flurries -- definitely one of the hardest runs I have ever done.  Runners are good people.

Wonderful event, Ojo. Thanks for sharing.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Queen of 3rd Place

Gotta say I'm impressed with the fact that most of you are still at this, despite holiday obligations, illnesses and what-not. Ennay hanging in to "run" at 2.0 on the TM...Spaniel 33 mi on the TM...Rick Stone with a long travel day and a sick wife...impressive, all of you!

Ex runner

Feeling the growl again

Gotta say I'm impressed with the fact that most of you are still at this, despite holiday obligations, illnesses and what-not. Ennay hanging in to "run" at 2.0 on the TM...Spaniel 33 mi on the TM...Rick Stone with a long travel day and a sick wife...impressive, all of you!

Heh...well, I'm out.  Whether it was already in the cards or that long treadmill run crushed my immune system, the next day I was hit with bronchitis.  I've been pretty much relegated to the couch and bed for the last 36 hours, wiped out.

So, I did not run today.  I'm out.  Sad

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Heh...well, I'm out.  Whether it was already in the cards or that long treadmill run crushed my immune system, the next day I was hit with bronchitis.  I've been pretty much relegated to the couch and bed for the last 36 hours, wiped out.

So, I did not run today.  I'm out.  Sad

Okay, but if you can do 40 miles on a treadmill that trumps running 1+ mile per day even if your streak goes for 50 years!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Queen of 3rd Place

Aw, bronchitis, hope you get well soon, Spaniel!

Ex runner

doctorjen

Aw, man, bronchitis sucks, spaniel.  Get well soon.

Today was the hardest day so far.  Somehow I powered through a cold, and couple of OB calls (not busy, though) but a day of last minute holiday preparations almost did me in.  I wrapped, and mailed, and cleaned, and planned, and cooked all day and dragged my butt to the treadmill at 8:30 for 5 slow miles.

The streak hit 30 days today, though, and all my gaps are gone!  All my birdies will be back in the nest tomorrow when my son, daughter-in-law, and granddogs get here for a couple days.  My college daughter is already home, and my younger two are on school break now.  Hopefully the full nest doesn't goof me up too badly!