You're gonna need a bigger boat ... (Read 836 times)

JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So sad. A very close friend of my folks had MM and it nearly killed him. He eventually went into a sort of miraculous remission, but years later heart attack from all the cancer treatments was the ultimate cause of his death.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I was bummed to hear of his passing. He had some great roles. "Smile... you son of a (boom)"

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

mikeymike

Greatest movie. Greatest line. Great guy. RIP.
          Agree on all points.

Runners run

Show me the way to go home. I'm getting tired and I wanna go to bed. I drank a drink 'bout an hour ago and it went straight to my head.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

JakeKnight

Show me the way to go home. I'm getting tired and I wanna go to bed. I drank a drink 'bout an hour ago and it went straight to my head.
              I sing that just about every time I drink to excess. Sometimes loudly. When you've had 64,321 beers like me, you'll come to love that song. And that's the best scene in the movie. I wonder if its on YouTube. MTA: of course it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdhj7eLrR9w Modified again to add: Of course, you can't watch the boys singing if you don't watch Robert Shaw's speech right before the singing starts. The best monologue since Hamlet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USnM-ee06pg Modified yet again cuz now you have to watch the scar scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udArfGJ6Pss Ah, just go rent the movie. I think its one of the best five movies in history. RIP Chief Brody.

Gotta TRI

I'll drink to that!! Great movie--great man.
                2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Now that was a bath...

My hubby got me Jaws on DVD for Christmas. I love that film - a classic of it's genre and beyond. Hey - EnduranceMan - stick this up your arse and light it with a fire cracker... I'm sad again. RIP Mr Scheider Dude.
                • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                    Long lived Cheif Brody !!!!

- Anya

JakeKnight

Hey - EnduranceMan - stick this up your arse and light it with a fire cracker...
                      Nothing to add. Just amused me to quote it. Also, I love Brits and their usage of the word "arse." It's so vulgar yet civilized at the same time. I miss you, Kooky. Now Heal the F*ck Up, huh?

Now that was a bath...

It's a good quote. I give you permission to put it in your siggy Cool I'm still here on the GSP and in my password protected heaven - but I find the swamp a little - how can I put this? Terrifying? Anyhow - I am trying to post here as much as possible to give you all fodder to take the piss more. It's good to have you back Mr JK. Big grin When do I get my award for 'Tenacious person with the least miles that still hangs out in a Running Community despite having no hope of running for the longest time' Runner? Maybe one day!
                      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        JakeKnight

You are far more runner than most of those worried about whether or not they were runners or joggers. It's whats in your heart, not whats on your log. And the swamp is not scary. This place is. The swamp is calm, soothing, and rational. With occasional boobs. What's not to like? You should stop by and explain what exactly "take the piss" means.