if mud and color aren't enough for you... (Read 433 times)

Here's a nice sarcastic article about all these different wacky "fun" runs popping up along with a list of even more ridiculous races that will make you want to puke in your running shoes. If the author is an example of how people feel about these races, then hopefully they will have run their course in another year or two and we'll be left with just a couple. She basically said the novelty wears off, thank goodness...

http://theruniverse.com/2013/08/crazy-themed-runs/

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Here's a nice sarcastic article about all these different wacky "fun" runs popping up along with a list of even more ridiculous races that will make you want to puke in your running shoes. If the author is an example of how people feel about these races, then hopefully they will have run their course in another year or two and we'll be left with just a couple. She basically said the novelty wears off, thank goodness...

http://theruniverse.com/2013/08/crazy-themed-runs/

You know, I am thinking that "Flavor" run might be a good idea.   I've been tasting mud, rain, or salt and sweat all these years on my various runs... Might be a great idea to pay a couple extra dollars and distract myself from the pain of the run and instead focus on the tasting of powder flavored like Sausage Biscuits, or Chocolate Cake...

Truth be told though, the article is right in its' premise that there are so many of these runs being created now, they will cannibalize each other.  After a couple years, the excitement of 'been there, done that' will be lost, folks will move on, and these races will start to shut down as attendance drops........I hope.....   Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

You know, I am thinking that "Flavor" run might be a good idea.   I've been tasting mud, rain, or salt and sweat all these years on my various runs... Might be a great idea to pay a couple extra dollars and distract myself from the pain of the run and instead focus on the tasting of powder flavored like Sausage Biscuits, or Chocolate Cake...

Mmmmm, Sausage Biscuits in powder form. Tight lips Haha, gross!

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

johnsmith789

I would like to taste this. I am going to participate in half marathon race on 7th Sept in Houston with complete training. This article is really interesting to read and now I am thinking about the Sausage Biscuits.

Feeling the growl again

I would like to taste this. I am going to participate in half marathon race on 7th Sept in Houston with complete training. This article is really interesting to read and now I am thinking about the Sausage Biscuits.

Bacon run...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Feeling the growl again

Bacon run

Is the finisher's medal a bottle of Lipitor on a lanyard?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

xhristopher

...and there is a "Blacklight Run" too.

Take a look at the "locations" map and see where they labeled the Boston run.

Hint: Not in New England.

Kalsarikännit

Thanks to something I saw at the gym, I discovered a new "race" in the area. For the low, low price of $70, I have the opportunity to join in the Pretty Muddy Women's Run!  It is a women's only event (sorry...no boys allowed!) and mud run.  All those other mud runs just aren't pink enough.  http://prettymuddywomensrun.com/

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xhristopher

Thanks to something I saw at the gym, I discovered a new "race" in the area. For the low, low price of $70, I have the opportunity to join in the Pretty Muddy Women's Run!  It is a women's only event (sorry...no boys allowed!) and mud run.  All those other mud runs just aren't pink enough.  http://prettymuddywomensrun.com/

What sort of admission are they charging spectators?

I did one of these mud runs the other day and there was no mud!

http://usatfne.org/wp/new-england-cross-country-season-is-upon-us#more-1101

Just a ton of people way faster than me:

http://www.coolrunning.com/results/13/ma/Aug24_USATFN_set1.shtml

If there was bacon at the finish I might have run a bit harder...

Feeling the growl again

What sort of admission are they charging spectators?

$12.99 plus shipping and handling

Slo

I'm guilty of jumping on this Themed Gimmick craze.

Next year I'm starting a series of Races I call the "Solo Cup Series". It's an effort ot raise money and gain volunteers to develope and maintain MTB, Hking and running trails in our area.

Here's how it works:

The races are free but a free will donation basket will be promently displayed.

These races will not be chip timed

They will not be on certified courses

You may or may not receive an official time at the finish line

there will be no official photographers to buy your picture from

There will be no age group awards, no t-shirts, no medals

They will be every other Thursday night starting at one of three different watering holes.

What you will get...

A marked course. With varying distances and terrains. Road, XC, Trail

Just like the old style popsicle stick races indicating your finishing place you will receive a solo cup with a number on the bottom that represents your finishing order.

You may fill this solo cup with free beer provided by our spnsor for that week.

If someone asks you how you did you must take a drink exposing the bottom of your cup so it can be read by the inquirer.

We will keep track of your participation and "Cup Points" will be awarded for each event. When you earn enough "Cup Points" you can select from a T-Shirt, or can coozie, etc with the Solo Cup logo so you can proudly display your achievement.

Feeling the growl again

Outstanding.  Now that I'd be in for.

I'm guilty of jumping on this Themed Gimmick craze.

Next year I'm starting a series of Races I call the "Solo Cup Series". It's an effort ot raise money and gain volunteers to develope and maintain MTB, Hking and running trails in our area.

<snip>

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

...and there is a "Blacklight Run" too.

Take a look at the "locations" map and see where they labeled the Boston run.

Hint: Not in New England.

Yeah, don't use their map for navigation.

Glowing participants come from all different ages, shapes, sizes, and speeds; every participant will get Glowed​™