Back from Niagara and OMG (Read 437 times)

talk about a beautiful place to visit! The weather couldn't of been more beautiful. Running on the path following the river was AWESOME!! Oh and I don't think we could of had a better view from our hotel room! Definetly can't wait to go there again (sometime soon too). Here is a picture I took from our hotel room Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

va

Nice! I've never been there. What was the name of the hotel?
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What a view! You must have had a great time! Probably TMI for everyone, but I believe that I was conceived in the Greater Niagara Falls area! Really. Momgoblue and Dadgoblue spent a certain Valentine's Day weekend there many years ago. I was born 9 months later to the day after that fateful V-day. Probably explains why I've had this bizarre salmon-like desire to jump in the water and swim upstream every time I've been there. Clowning around Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Oh you've gotta go there some day! It's absolutely AMAZING!! We stayed at the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa. Great hotel. Nothing like a great view, jacuzzi, fireplace and room service to make your room enjoyable Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

lmao Jeff. I think my sister inlaw was conceived there as well Wink

shyrunner07

i love that area! my grandma took me out there for one of our annual summer trips...Did you go on the Maid of the Mist? i want to take dh and dd out there...definitely want to show them the falls and then head over to Toronto (Casa Loma is such a must see...i think my princess obsessed dd would flip for that!)... So glad you had a great time- and that the weather was on your side! Smile Do you have any more pics?
                LOTS of pictures! No we didn't get to go on the Maid of the Mist. She doesn't launch until this coming Friday Sad We did however go down to the bottom of the falls Smile Toronto is DEFINETLY on my list to go to next time!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Someday we REALLY want to do a car trip out and up through upstate NY (would love to see Letchworth State Park, again...did's cousin was married there a few Summers ago), to Toronto, then back down the West side of MI to Sleeping Bear Dunes. All places I know our son would love. None of us have been to Niagara and I don't think did has been to Toronto. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

If people are looking for a little extra motivation to visit the Fallsview area might I suggest the Niagara Falls International Marathon (and Half Marathon, 10 & 5 K) on Oct. 28, 2007? It starts in Buffalo, NY and crosses the Peace Bridge into Canada at the historic town of Fort Erie, ON. The route then follows the beautiful Niagara River Parkway and finishes at the magnificent Niagara Falls. http://www.niagarafallsmarathon.com/ If you like wine, Niagara Wine Country is not to be missed. Also, Niagara-on-the-Lake is home to beautiful hotels and great restaurants, for romantic getaways.