List of Forum Posts (Read 368 times)

Mostly harmless

I would like to be able to go to my profile and see a list of every post I have made.  I would display it in a table, most recent at the top.  I would also like to be able to see other peoples list as well.  This would be useful for:

1. Stalking.

2. Help my faulty memory.  If I know that someone I'm friends with posted on a topic sometime yesterday but I can't remember exactly what the subject was or which forum it was in I could go to their profile and browse their list until I found it.

3. Just kidding about the stalking part.  I think this is a common feature of other forum software.

4. Why bother to make a numbered list if you can't think of four things?

* I originally added this as a comment to the "Topics I have Responded to" thread but then decided that it really should have been its own topic so I copied and pasted my comment here.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This looks so very familiar.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

+1

I like the feature too. So I can check the person's other writings if I like his/her reply.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

I use this feature extensively in other non-running forums I frequent.

list of however many previous posts and threads started. I personally would say for viewing other people's posts and threads started should probably be limited to the public forums, but my own in groups might be useful.

eric :)

This is on my short list of things to add.  Right now, I'm thinking the user should control whether his/her posts can be listed by other users.

Mostly harmless

This is on my short list of things to add.  Right now, I'm thinking the user should control whether his/her posts can be listed by other users.

I guess I can't argue too strongly against making this an option for the user except to say that all the posts are public anyway.  The feature becomes less useful if a lot of people turn it off or it is disabled by default.  Maybe allow the user to control it but make the list published by default?

Either way, thanks again for all your work here Eric.  You are too good to us.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

No more marathons

I guess I can't argue too strongly against making this an option for the user except to say that all the posts are public anyway.  The feature becomes less useful if a lot of people turn it off or it is disabled by default.  Maybe allow the user to control it but make the list published by default?

Either way, thanks again for all your work here Eric.  You are too good to us.

I think an effective work around to that is simply to subscribe to any topic you post to.  that way you get a notice when someone else posts.  Not quite the same, but it gets close.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!