Roll call. Who's NOT injured on here? (Read 1150 times)

Injury free and feeling great. Myrtle Beach marathon in 2 weeks and couldn't feel better.
      Injury free. Sore sometimes but no injuries. Had to cut a run short tonight to avoid that. The county road I run is as slick as snot on a door knob right now. No use in taking that risk. Tomorrow is another day to run!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I'm okay too! Wish I could say the same for dh, pulled his piriformis while doing stretches to relieve sciatic pain! He actually hates me quite a bit right now... Tongue
        1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
          I am well. Feel grrreat! Come to think of it, my life is perfect Wink Good luck at Myrtle Beach Mike!
            If we add ourselves to this list, will our injuries go away? Roll eyes Not that I am bitter or anything.
              Does it count if I'm pain free after running slow(well slower than normal!) for the 1st 15 min of my runs? Wink How about a list of "I'm not injured, but..."

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Great, but trying my damndest to change that by continuing to run in this cheap pair of shoes that don't have many miles on them... In dubious battle: My desire to run more injury free vs. my meager budget telling me to run as far as possible in these..... I think the RA shoe feature that shows you $/mile is bad news bears for me, makes me want to pro-rate these babies down! Big grin Hmm....can I insert a paypal donation box as my avatar? Evil grin Any generous souls out there? Wink

Go Pre!

Took me a while to notice this thread, a great one at that! No injuries, no pain from running. A little sore in thshoulders fron lifting, maybe, not sure but I have not had running pain since last July when I stepped on a treeroot in bare feet and still went for my long run that day...favouring the sore heel that got mangled by the sharp stump! The gouge healed in a few days but t he ache from limp-running lasted a couple of weeks. But the good thing is that these days I am going strong and loving it! Dave
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Where's the damn snow I was promised?
                    Look outside. 24 hours late, but there it is. Don't slip Evil grin
                    I am sick to death of running in the snow...That damned groundhog had better be predicting an early Spring
                    Interesting. Our first day of snow, it being groundhog's day and all. What does that mean?
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Genes. Growing up in the woods like a dirty hippie with miles of trails and creeks to explore and no TV. A competitive temperament.
                      Man, I gotta get me a childhood like that. Sheesh. Do they sell those on ebay? Jeff, do those prayer circles you participate in help? I forget, God or Galloway? Evil grin Wink
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Interesting. Our first day of snow, it being groundhog's day and all. What does that mean?
                        That's a scary coincidence. Perhaps it means we should trade weather for a few months. You can have yours back come June. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Me! ::knocking on wood:: Just hit the one year mark since I started running. Smile No running related injuries all year. December was my first 100 mile month and I've finally gotten back up to 25 miles a week after my bout with strep throat earlier in January. Teresa
                            Old and sore, but not injured
                            Me too! I've been running 30-45 mile weeks since last September. The keys for me have been running on trails as much as possible (cursed pavement!), varying distance and intensity, taking a couple days off every week, and changing shoes. I don't cross-train or lift weights, except 12 oz. curls, but probably should do some core strengthening.
                            The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison
                              ...slick as snot on a door knob...
                              Dead
                              The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison

Why is it sideways?

Jeff, do those prayer circles you participate in help? I forget, God or Galloway? Evil grin Wink
                                My mantra: Ignore Trent. Ignore Trent.