It happened today (Read 982 times)

A Saucy Wench

I live in a college town and my run goes RIGHT BY the college track & field area... and it's right after one of my major hills so I'm usually going at a slow pace to catch my breath and I'm always worried they will laugh and make fun of me! LOL I always get passed when I'm out and a college kid comes up to me!
    I was out on a long run one day and at a corner in to the country I meet up with 2 college kids. I kill myself to run with them a few miles. Then they ask how much farther I am going because they didnt know the loops....and looked horrified and turned around and headed back from whence they came. I cant beat them but I can run them in to the ground!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

You have discovered one of the great things about races. Now the other is that there are usally a number of great looking ladies running, some you watch go by you, some you go by yourself. Some you don't want to go by until you look ahead and see others ahead to go catch. Reminds of something somebody sent me recently about a Traffice question. Q: You are driving along a narrow two lane road with a NO PASSING sign posted and come upon a bicycle rider. Do you: (a) Follow this slow-moving bicycle rider for the next 2 miles until you come to a passing zone (b) Do you break the law and pass? What would you do? (Go to my profile to check out the picture to help make a decission)
      So there I was just 5 or 10 minutes in to my run. I heard it for the first time. The sounds of foot falls getting closer. Usually when I run I am alone on the streets. Today I ran on a parkway. I looked behind me and a young very fit college girl was coming up fast. As she passed we exchanged hellos. But then it happened. Something inside me said you can keep up. (yeah right) But I think with out thinking about it I picked up my pace. No where near hers but still faster than normal. I wanted to catch her. But knowing I could not I happily/unhappily stayed behind. But I enjoyed the run anyway. I think I caught a taste of what an actual race may be like. Bring it on. Now I just got to get in better shape. Cool

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"