GPS Trackers (Read 58 times)

I'm looking for recommendations regarding small, personal GPS trackers that I can wear when out running by myself on trails.  One of those things that will let people find you when you're missing.  Hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

an amazing likeness

Leslie -- The one I'm familar with is called SPOT (web site here). Haven't really checked out how well it works for runner tracking..I carry it as an emergency beacon (like a personal eprb), but I think you can track someone.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

TJoseph

I have never used one, but if you search for "personal locator beacon" on amazon.com you will find a bunch listed with reviews.

Feeling the growl again

Leslie -- The one I'm familar with is called SPOT (web site here). Haven't really checked out how well it works for runner tracking..I carry it as an emergency beacon (like a personal eprb), but I think you can track someone.

You can set it to intermittently locate to let someone track you via online mapping...but it's not exactly the funcitonality I think the OP wants and not exactly wearable.

Don't they have phone apps for this?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

an amazing likeness

You can set it to intermittently locate to let someone track you via online mapping...but it's not exactly the funcitonality I think the OP wants and not exactly wearable.

Don't they have phone apps for this?

I haven't run with it, but I do stuff the Spot epirb-like-thingie into my jacket when working the back forty, but I was wondering if the Spop Connect might be close to what she's asking about...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I think it's the personal locator beacon that I'm thinking of.  My husband knows the general direction I usually go, and cell phones are useless out there.  So what I'm wanting is a way for me to be found that doesn't require me to carry a cell phone.

Thanks for your help, folks ~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance