Foot Pain is Back (Read 6357 times)

I rolled my ankle last week and heard a pop (sole of foot faced medially when it rolled). It hurt, but I rested it for a day, and then was able to get three runs in without pain. Yesterday, it started hurting again after what felt like an awesome run. I didn't have any foot pain while running. Now, it throbs, aches, and tingles down into my two outer toes. It does not hurt to walk on it. The pain is on the lateral side of my right foot and spans the area where the peroneus brevis, tetius, and longus tendons are located. It radiates above and below that part of my foot. Does this sound like a tendon injury that will heal itself if I rest/ice it for a couple days? Is it something that I can continue to run on? Or, do I need to see a doctor? Grrrrr Cry Any advice for this newbie runner who really just wants to be able to keep running? (You guys got me addicted!)

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I had this same sort of thing a year ago, but mine didn't come on suddenly from any sort of action, rather it gradually built-up over the Winter and by Spring was very tender. I had a lot of snapping sensation and moderate pain. It hurt while walking or running. I tried lots of things to "cure" it, but what ended up working for me was going to a shoe with less stability and more flexibility, as well as a better insole (with more of an arch bump). It sounds like you have something similar, but because yours doesn't seem to be shoe-related I'm not sure how you'd treat yours. RICE, for sure, but I think I'd be in to see a doctor if you take a day or two off and it's still no better.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

had the same experience... twisted ankle... caused swelling... cushy shoes kept pushing on that part of my foot where the longus attaches down by the base of the 5th metatarsal. ... I iced the heck out of it... but it would feel fine and when running but after it would be sore a few hours later and throughout the next day... Icing right after running... helped... (actually soak in ice water)...