Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Maggie & Molly

thanks all.   officially I have the flu.  Not fun.  I'll be in bed for a bid then back at it to start a new streak

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

As I said, streaking is stupid.  <Suppressing urge to brag on my current streak>

Go ahead and brag...We like itSmile

Cherrie get better soon so we can start your streak again...

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Sorry you're sick, Cherrie.  Feel better!

it saddens me to announce that my streak is over.  I am beyond sick, fever, can't breath, chills, headache.  You name it..  I thought about trying anyway but you need air in order to run and right now I don't have much of that.  I am really bummed since this is the first time I have ever steaked and I was feeling really strong Sad

Bummer, same thing happened to me last year. Made it 32 days into the holiday streak then got hit with a flu bug that had me barely able to stand or walk, let alone run.

Best to take it easy and live to streak another day.

Hoodoo Guru

Something funny happened to me today. I've been doing 3 or 4 mile runs during this streak. I don't know what happened today, but I felt so great that I did 6, with the last two at 5k race pace or better. It felt awesome to run like that. Made me think that this streak thing might have more benefits than just getting me out on the trail every day.

The tangents are moot.

doctorjen

I almost gave it up last night after a very long work day.  I'm normally a morning runner but had to be out the door at 6, and then didn't get home until 8 pm.  I promised myself I could stop if I got to a mile and still wasn't feeling it, but by a mile I was feeling better, so went ahead and did 5.  I ran this morning already.  Tomorrow will be the biggest challenge yet since I'm on call tonight, but I made a plan to meet a friend early tomorrow so hopefully that will pull me out of bed.

So which one of you guys read the thread topic wrong?

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/naked-runner-reported-springfield-ma

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/naked-runner-reported-springfield-ma

At least Sean didn't title it Holiday Streaking.

xhristopher

So when is the naked quad run over at Tufts this year?

Seanv2

At least Sean didn't title it Holiday Streaking.

Much thought went into how to title this thread so that I could avoid the streaking jokes.  

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Much thought went into how to title this thread so that I could avoid the streaking jokes.  

The Impossible Dream.

Seanv2

The Impossible Dream.

We made it to page 22 before it started!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

We made it to page 22 before it started!

I'd been sitting on the Springfield article for a week out of respect for the thread but like 90% of my office is out burning vacation time and when you finish all your projects early and get bored these things just happen...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I propose that everyone in this thread close their streak with a streak at 11:55 pm 12/31 to 12:05 am 1/1.

A Saucy Wench

I propose that everyone in this thread close their streak with a streak at 11:55 pm 12/31 to 12:05 am 1/1.

I usually run at around 12:15 am on 1/1  Plan to do so again.  Do not plan on closing my streak with it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7