Snow Day (Read 561 times)

It's always kind of fun when someone in my neck of the woods says something to the effect of "it's way too cold to be out for more than 5 minutes, the snow is too deep to walk to the end of the driveway to get the mail," etc....then I say "Oh, I ran 7+ miles." They either look at me like I'm nuts (I get that a lot) or that I'm BSing them. Wink k
    I want to be able to get that look from people!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Our school automatically sends a phone call with a recorded message to all students' homes when there is a delay or closing - (or early dismissal). I just love that feature. The call usually comes at 5:30 a.m. and then I know I can turn off all alarm clocks and crawl back under the blankets since my boss closes my work when the school district is closed. Smile
      Oh, that is nice! At first there was a 2 hour delay, then it turned to full cancellation sometime between 7 and 7:30. I didn't even know there was a delay until a teacher friend of mine who lives and works near Dane's school mentioned it on a local mom's board. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

Sorry about the run, but happy snow day Kirsten! Smile
        deb
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah, Eryn and I are dying...we both have kids at home and the snow is falling in HUGE flakes...straight down, so no wind...very still, not too cold. It would be PERFECT weather for a run. It's that kind of snow that's sticky, not slippery... Cry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay