Race Eve Dinner? (Read 539 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What do you typically eat the night before a race? I've done the pasta thing, but tonite was craving french toast, so we had that made with whole wheat bread and a few strips of center cut bacon. Hit the spot. I will probably have 2 leftover slices of french toast for breakfast along with a banana and coffee. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

normally pasta with something tomatoey, occasionally casserole and rice or sausage and mash? anything filling really. good luck tomorrow!!!!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! I must admit that I am really looking forward to not having the pressure of this race looming, heh. Next "big" race isn't until Sept. (half marathon). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

muse_runner

keep running.

depending on what kind of race... before a 5k only midly hog-wild Sad 10k if i have it in me i go hog wild 1/2 marathons I just go out to dinner and eat and drink whatever i want. this tactic works great for me Smile
          running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
            I've been having pizza the night before, pasta two nights before. Although this past time I had a Gyro and a little pasta the night before and pizza two nights before, I felt great the entire race. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll test that combo for another race. Confused

Michelle