What the hell is a "5K Foam Fest" (Read 305 times)

xhristopher

I know 5Ks jumped the shark awhile ago with color, light, and other runs but ... WTF?

They have an obstacle called "Big Baller."

I both don't know where to start and am speechless at the same time.

Please discuss.

http://5kfoamfest.com/

I'd sign up for a mud run followed by a foam fest followed by a light run to highlight the exfoliating mud and the cleansing foam.

BeeRunB

I remember a contraceptive foam fest by a certain individual when a certain "big baller" would show up for midnight love.

joescott

I have to confess I'm not sure what FFS means, but I have a strong suspicion that it conveys the core meaning of how I should vote.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Put foam back in my run?  I had foam in my run at some point?

Leah, mother of dogs

xhristopher

Joe, trust your gut.

mikeymike

I hit the foam roller after every race and hard workout, not just 5k's. It just makes sense.

Runners run

SillyC

FFS!

I asked my undergraduate students about foam parties after seeing this:
                  http://www.medpagetoday.com/Ophthalmology/GeneralOphthalmology/41147

You can get pinkeye from this foam, apparently.  (I'm a microbiology professor and we read the CDC's weekly reports in class, hence the reason to bring this up.)

I asked them if foam parties were any fun.  They universally said no, and one of them went so far as to say, "I can't believe they are selling this to people.  Total crap scam.  There's a reason we don't take bubble baths anymore."

Feeling the growl again

Voted "FFS" but though about certain scenarios that might be worth watching.  But since this is a family site, I'll let manfromnantucket go there.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I have to confess I'm not sure what FFS means, but I have a strong suspicion that it conveys the core meaning of how I should vote.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FFS

Not at it at all. 

On our local race calendar, there's a 5k called "Drenched in Chocolate". What the hell?

SillyC

On our local race calendar, there's a 5k called "Drenched in Chocolate". What the hell?

No worries if you crap your pants!  I'm in and I'm going for a PR.

No worries if you crap your pants!  I'm in and I'm going for a PR.

FFS:    "For Foam's Sake!!"     (Replace word "foam" with expletive word....)

Added note:  These things get ever more ridiculous.  That "Big Baller" item looks like something a 10-year old would feel too old for, and wouldn't even be interested in going on.   -- Neighborhood kids around here where I live would look at it and say "I'm not climbing on that stupid "Foam"ing thing!     (Again, replace word "Foam" with expletive word....)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

L Train

Well, you certainly can't have a foam fest without a big baller or two so it seems about right.