Puggle (Read 1239 times)

mikeymike

I'm sure I could run with one of those things.  It looks smaller than a football.  Just carry it as such--three fingers over the nose of the ball, elbow tucked tight to the ribs.

Not that I'd want to, but I'm sure I could.

Runners run

I don't think a puggle could last very long. My friend has one and he can only really play in the yard for about 30 mins before he just flops down.

Leslie02026

I have a Puggle. He is now 2. I can run him to about 3.5 miles and then he is completely wiped out. My husband and I took turns carrying him home. He was so tired!

I can't speak much for Puggles, but I have a pug. Running with her is more of what was previously described. I took her for a 3 mile run and carried her for nearly 2 miles of it. She made it about a half mile, drank all my water, then wanted carried until we were a half mile from home. She sat in front of a fan the rest of the day...

My wife is NOT a runner, so usually she and our daughters go for a walk with our two dogs. I usually plan my run so that I can pass them on their walk.

xhristopher

I can't speak much for Puggles, but I have a pug. Running with her is more of what was previously described. I took her for a 3 mile run and carried her for nearly 2 miles of it. She made it about a half mile, drank all my water, then wanted carried until we were a half mile from home. She sat in front of a fan the rest of the day...

My wife is NOT a runner, so usually she and our daughters go for a walk with our two dogs. I usually plan my run so that I can pass them on their walk.

So, get a jogging stroller if you want to run with your pug.

When I was young we had beagles. I never got far on walks. They just wanted to sniff and pee.

LOL, I need to make sure my wife doesn't see THAT piece of advice...

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

There's a lady in our town that puts on miles walking around town with 5 or 6 little furballs of some sort.  Three walking and the other two are in a baby stroller. She goes a ways and rotates.

Tim 

Arimathea

Tessa

My sister's puggle ran up to 4 miles with me when she was younger.

Abby (the puggle, not Sis) is now older and has some hip problems and prefers to be carried most of the time, thankyouverymuch. She is also carrying about 33 pounds on a canine frame better suited for about 20-22 pounds, which makes her one pudgy puggle.

xhristopher

When I was a kid we had beagles. Nice dogs but they were hard to walk because they stopped to sniff and pee on everything. Perhaps a puggle will only want to stop, sniff, and pee on half as much?

I should have also mentioned the beagles humped each other a lot. I think it would have been impossible to run with them due to all the sniffing, peeing, and humping.

jfa

We have 2 Dahuahuas (Chihuahua and Dachshund mix) , but I have only run with them around the block. I figure with their tiny little chicken legs, that was like an ultramarathon to them.

xhristopher

We have 2 Dahuahuas (Chihuahua and Dachshund mix) , but I have only run with them around the block. I figure with their tiny little chicken legs, that was like an ultramarathon to them.

I've seen (angry) chickens do just fine running ultramarathons.