Mac smilies? (Read 779 times)

I am currently using my brothers laptop, and cannot figure out how to get the smilies to work in Safari! I click on them, but it doesnt work. Something tells me it isnt difficult, I just dont know how to do it. :-P
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think they only work with Firefox. I just drag the code down and hand-code with HTML. Or there are several that can be done with basic shortcuts...like the smile, the frown, and the big smile. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think they only work with Firefox.
        I've had the same experience. I use Safari for most things, but b/c of the emoticons issue, I do RA on Firefox. I imagine they also work in Camino, since it's based on the same rendering engine as FF, but I haven't checked it out.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

madness baby

Yeah, they don't work in Safari. That's why I'm limited to a few: Smile Wink Big grin Sad Otherwise RA works fine in Safari!
          deb
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I use Camino a lot, they work great!
              I think I will just wait until I get back home to my own computer to smile. I dont want to download software on his laptop. (Or I could use his fiancee's ridiculously slow PC which I have been using to finish up some final edits on a paper. If I am lucky, it may even load a website by dinner tomorrow.)
              waterfordrider

Team Effort

I have had them work in Opera, Netscape and Firefox. Who knows what the problem is with Safari. Big grin

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

Big grin Wink Shocked Cool Can you tell I am very excited to welcome bread back, and to have my own puter to share my emotions with yall?
                    This works: : and ) = Smile ; and ) = Wink : and ( = Sad You just have to know the right combination (which I don’t). I assume some of the people who posted before me also figured this out. Maybe we should combine our efforts to find as many smilies as possible (maybe even all).