RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

Menace to Sobriety

Hubby rented Moon and we just finished it...very good movie that I had never heard of.  It played at Sundance last year and was never widely released.  Amazing what can be done with $5mil.  Super low-budget compared to most sci-fi films, but great storyline and acting.

I saw this a couple weeks ago. I thought it was pretty good, maybe a little too 2001ish, but that was probably what they were going for.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Menace to Sobriety

District 9.  Discuss.

Reverse angle "V"

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw this a couple weeks ago. I thought it was pretty good, maybe a little too 2001ish, but that was probably what they were going for.

Yep.  There's some nice bit of Q&A from Sundance in the special features.  He talks about paying homage to several favorite sci-fi films, but putting a different twist on the borrowed elements.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Is Howard Stern right?  Will Gabourey have no future in Hollywood?

Watched Tapped last night. 

It was a semi-informative, if not a bit boring, look at the effect of the bottled water business on the environment, public health and (some) local economies.

It had its Fahrenheit-911 moments and showed some interesting clips of John Kerry's toughness in confronting FDA impotence.   

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

http://video.syfy.com/movies_events/syfy_saturday/sneak_peek/

- Anya

A Saucy Wench

Saw Date Night last night.  Pretty damn funny. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Blaaahhhh

Date Night? It doesn't have Simon Pegg in it does it?

I've recently seen Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Run Fatboy Run and now How to Lose Friends and Influence People and this guy is in all of them:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3409547008/nm0670408

Is he like the only British actor? What happened to that Grant guy?

A Saucy Wench

No I think he skipped this one.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is he like the only British actor? What happened to that Grant guy?

Pegg is funnier and hasn't gotten caught with any hookers.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Swashbuckles

Swashbuckles by name....

Pegg is funnier and hasn't gotten caught with any hookers.

LOL!  Pegg is funny..... but definitely not as funny as ....... 

....The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the OTHER people.

Confessions of a Runaholic
                        5km - 21.40 mins (Coventry Parkrun May 2010)
                        10km - 43:50 (Oxford Town and Gown 10km May 2010)
                        Half Mara - 1:36:14 (Tewkesbury Half May 2010)
                        Marathon - 3:41:54 (Amsterdam Oct 2009)

Release the Kraken!

That one line was worth the price of admission.

2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

I look my best blurry!

Watched George Clooney's Up in the Air Friday night.  It was so funny but a different kind of funny.  Not like Kick Ass or The Hangover but really good.  Some people have told me that they didn't like the ending.  It thought it was perfect.  Otherwise it would have been too Hollywood.