5000 miles and counting (Read 174 times)

JML

When I was in high school, I wrecked a knee playing contact sports and was told ‘never run again’. After several decades of following this advice, I decided to start running again a little over four years ago. Yesterday, I ran my 5000th mile since 2009. The knee? Never been better.

Sorry Doc, you were wrong.

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

That is fabulous!  Congratulations!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

well done JML

aside from a current non-running minor injury to my right knee, my knees (and back) are stronger now than 20 + yrs ago.

joescott

Docs are wrong a LOT about running.

Congratulations!!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Great news! Congratulations!

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            SubDood

Great job -- congratulations!  Now keep it up!

May your next 5000 miles be even more rewarding.

Maybe the doc was employing reverse psychology? Big grin

Good for you. May you run so many more miles that you lose count!

SubDood

When I was in high school, I wrecked a knee playing contact sports and was told ‘never run again’. After several decades of following this advice, I decided to start running again a little over four years ago. Yesterday, I ran my 5000th mile since 2009. The knee? Never been better.

Sorry Doc, you were wrong.

I saw this, and it reminded me of you, JML:

dog vet poop

JML

Brilliant!  Now I just need to find my old Doctor's address!

I saw this, and it reminded me of you, JML:

dog vet poop

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.