Meteor shower (Read 377 times)

Saw more than a dozen on this mornings run. Pretty cool.

Geminid Meteor Shower

I saw them too on a pre dawn 7 miler.  It was a pleasant surprise on a frosty morning.

Saw more than a dozen on this mornings run. Pretty cool.

Geminid Meteor Shower

Thanks for posting.  Think I'll get the kids out this evening for a look.  I saw a really dramatic one in town last evening about 8PM, but didn't know it was part of a bigger shower.

- Joe

all running goals are under review by the executive committee.

Huh, didn't see any this morning.  I saw a good one during the Leonid shower a short while ago.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Revenge of the Nerd

Quadrantid meteor shower.  Early AM hours of Jan 3.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Quadrantid meteor shower.  Early AM hours of Jan 3.

Jan 3 evening I saw a nice one as I was looking out the window- one of those that threw sparks all over as it shot across the sky 3 or 4 seconds.

Revenge of the Nerd

I saw one big, bright meteor at about 4:45 AM on the 3rd that appeared to leave a vapor trail.  Spectacular!

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Picked our route this morning for the dark sky, but not a single meteor. Maybe tomorrow.

Orionid meteor shower

Nothing this morning but a beautiful sliver of a moon. Maybe tomorrow.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Clouds here tonight.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.