The Gym is a Freak Show (Read 1287 times)

Not freaks, but several senior ladies (>65 yrs.) walk and do some exercises and then they all take showers early in the AM.

Why shouldn't they? I work at home, but frequently shower and get ready for work at the gym.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

jojo61397

If all the treadmills are empty there is no reason why that woman had to go on that treadmill, she could have gone to any of the other treadmills in the gym.  I really hate that when people do that.

Sorry to rain on your bitch parade, I am going to have to be on the old lady's side on this one. I think treadmills are on a strict first come, first serve basis.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

If all the treadmills are empty there is no reason why that woman had to go on that treadmill, she could have gone to any of the other treadmills in the gym.  I really hate that when people do that.

She was trying to strike up a friendship with you.  It didn't work out so well.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ilene, either you are The Oatmeal or whoever it is drew the inspiration from this thread. Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Not freaks, but several senior ladies (>65 yrs.) walk and do some exercises and then they all take showers early in the AM.

I think they are saving money on their water bills at home....?

Maybe they have somewhere to be after they go to the gym?  There is a reason gym has showers.

My guess is if you are so tight for money you are trying not to shower at home, you probably arent dropping $30ish a month on a gym membership.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Chantilly75

Maybe they have somewhere to be after they go to the gym?  There is a reason gym has showers.

My guess is if you are so tight for money you are trying not to shower at home, you probably arent dropping $30ish a month on a gym membership.

These ladies are well over 65, probably 75.  They get a senior's discount on the membership, and my mother ( in her 70's) says that is probably what they are doing, saving money by showering at the gym.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

jfa

Good one Ilene! Bur unfortunately, it's much worse than that.

I enter the steam room the other morning and there was a really old, really fat and hairy guy with his legs spread and all his shit showing, laying on his back on the first bench, facing the door.

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Look away! Fast !!!

Too late.

No Talent Drips

This shit just keeps on coming. I see weird things all the time...but this one really struck me as fecking weird.

An attorney I know in town...a guy I see and speak to at the Y regularly... comes out of a bathroom stall in the men's locker room with an orange headband and a grey tank-top on. And nothing else. No shoes. No socks. No fecking pants or underwear.  Just opted to take a shit dressed from the waist up (only).  Strolls across the locker room and carries on with his getting dressed.

I don't think I can talk to him anymore.

Dei Gratia

Kalsarikännit

grey tank-top on. And nothing else. No shoes. No socks. No fecking pants or underwear.  

I contend this is less disturbing than a naked man wearing socks.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I agree. if you are getting dressed and the urge to drop a deuce comes on, I can understand the rationale behind foregoing the shorts. I agree the orange head band is a little off.

No Talent Drips

I agree. if you are getting dressed and the urge to drop a deuce comes on, I can understand the rationale behind foregoing the shorts. I agree the orange head band is a little off.

I think I'm going crazy.

The basic rules I use in my home are the same ones I use at the Y. If there are other people there (either place) I don't walk around, sip coffee, hang out, and chat whist nekkid.

If no one is around, well I may walk around with nothing but an elephant mask on. I may even pretend to be an elephant on the john.

But, you'll never, ever, catch me with just the top half covered...carrying on like Robert is your father's brother.  It is just fecking strange, particularly for men--given that it is the lower half that society tells us to not waive for all to see.

And, you can cut off my feet before trying to send me into a public stall barefoot. Just take'em, cuz i don't wannam back.

Dei Gratia

Something I had never thought about - what do the barefoot runners do when weather forces them inside?

Link

Dave

Kalsarikännit

Nemo's story reminded me of a guy I saw at Bay to Breakers. He was running with an orange shirt and no pants, junk flopping around as free as can be. As others have said...some things you can't un-see.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Sort of like some things you read ... Dead

Liz

pace sera, sera