Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

eric :)

This is a really cool addition!!! And the maps are better than the ones in the Garmin training center. Thank you so much! Big grin I have both a Forerunner 305 and an Edge 305 (Garmin for my bike). My Forerunner uploaded right away - click, click and there was my data - too cool!, (This is not a complaint - I'm amazed that I can connect to the Forerunner), but the Edge seems to get stuck. It shows that it is uploading, then it comes to the screen that says to go look at something else and while you wait for the data, the bar will come up saying click here to see the data, but when I do that, the data doesn't appear. Any ideas?
    I'm guessing that the Edge is sending the data in a slightly different format and the import failed. Can you connect with Training Center and download the data there? If so, can you send me the resulting history file so I can take a look?
    Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I use this old refurbed 201 that doesn't connect to anything (esp my Mac), so maybe this is my final excuse to get a 305....hmmm.... Eric, you are the absolute best!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Flat footer

Go for it Kerry. The price is pretty reasonable now.
          Why is this not working for me? It shows that it is uploading from the Garmin and says once the server processes it, it will be available. The link comes up that says it is ready, I click on the link... and it shows that it is again connecting to the GPS but nothing is shown. I can see them through the Garmin display. Using IE 7.0 and Garmin 305.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Happy

This is great - I am new to RA but I have been manually entering my data into the log. Tried the Garmin Upload and it went well. However, I don't know how to save the data so they go into the summary and the log itself. How?
            5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB

cat/dog furniture

The default for importing maps is to make them private. Can that be changed so that the default is for public maps?
              jakegross

Anyone had luck uploading data from the Forerunner 50? RA recognizes my device, but says there are no new data to upload. Does it have to be a GPS unit for this to work?

Anyone had luck uploading data from the Forerunner 50? RA recognizes my device, but says there are no new data to upload. Does it have to be a GPS unit for this to work?
                  Jake, I knew someone that successfully imported from their Forerunner 50. However, I've been getting reports that some of the users' data is missing. I'm investigating this. If you want to help, please contact me via the feedback form.

This is great - I am new to RA but I have been manually entering my data into the log. Tried the Garmin Upload and it went well. However, I don't know how to save the data so they go into the summary and the log itself. How?
                    flower, The imported data won't be added to your log until you approve them. Click on the GPS Import button again and you'll see the workouts created from your GPS but haven't been added to your log. eric :-)

Why is this not working for me? It shows that it is uploading from the Garmin and says once the server processes it, it will be available. The link comes up that says it is ready, I click on the link... and it shows that it is again connecting to the GPS but nothing is shown. I can see them through the Garmin display. Using IE 7.0 and Garmin 305.
                      ultracassie, Drop me an email via the feedback form. I'm looking into this problem and need more data points. eric :-)
                      cmcompton

I'm guessing that the Edge is sending the data in a slightly different format and the import failed. Can you connect with Training Center and download the data there? If so, can you send me the resulting history file so I can take a look?
                        I'd be happy to, but this is where my lack of skills in this area becomes rather apparent, so a couple questions-- 1. When I'm in the training center, it looks like I can export the history and it saves it as a ".tcx" - is that what you're looking for? 2. How can I send an attachment to you? Thanks
                        thebbk

The Voice of Reason

This is great stuff! Now I may have to finally replace my broken 201 and get the latest and greatest. You adding this feature to the site has given me just enough fodder to finally convince the S.O. Nice job on this site.
                            Hi, Eric. For the most part this has been working great. Today, for an "other" type of activity (we were skiing), I tried to make my map public, and got a pop-up which said, "unable to translate status code (100))". This is for http://www.runningahead.com/logs/db816ba95fe7403490ba401d30cb44ae/workouts/05f8aa24eccf4121b5816cdd506acaa8/map . I'm using chrome. A second minor issue I've been seeing is that chrome doesn't seem to find the garmin control the first time, but once I reload the page it's found just fine. I'm guessing that's a chrome / garmin compatibility issue, but thought I'd mention to you just in case it's a site problem.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

The default for importing maps is to make them private. Can that be changed so that the default is for public maps?
                              I would vote against changing the default, for security reasons. Maybe it'd be good for hsemerson if something under "options" could control whether the maps are defaulted as public or private for this user, instead.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I'd be happy to, but this is where my lack of skills in this area becomes rather apparent, so a couple questions-- 1. When I'm in the training center, it looks like I can export the history and it saves it as a ".tcx" - is that what you're looking for? 2. How can I send an attachment to you? Thanks
                                cmcompton, Send me an email via the feedback form and I'll guide you through it.