I think I have a cold... (Read 817 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not sure...just have had a sore throat and felt sorta meh the last few days...no energy. My sinuses are also sorta icky, but it's hard to know if that's my year-round allergies at work or a genuine cold. Damn, I don't want to skip my run, tonite, but I might have to.... Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

When I get colds, I actually feel better during my runs because the heat clears my sinuses.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My sinuses aren't really stuffy, just kinda runny. My biggest issue is that I just feel so run-down. But we're going over to my ILs for dinner, so I won't have time, anyhow. Guess the timing is actually pretty good. I had planned to do an easy 40 minutes tonite and 30 tomorrow, so I might just do 60-70 tomorrow if I feel up to it. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! Going over to my ILs used to make me feel run down too!!! Oh. I guess that wasn't what you were trying to say, was it... Wink Hope you feel better soon!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL! Going over to my ILs used to make me feel run down too!!! Oh. I guess that wasn't what you were trying to say, was it...
            Heh, no...but it's true in my case, as well. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

When I get colds, I actually feel better during my runs because the heat clears my sinuses.
              I have been suffering from a cold for the last few days too! It's been a pretty nasty one, too, so I don't have any doubt... In the past, I also have felt better with a little running towards the late stages of a cold (when you're still trying to get all that junk out of your sinuses). But I'm also a firm believer in the idea that high mileage or high intensity running can really knock your immune system down a bit... (in my case I think it had more to do with traveling on an airplane, being in large crowds of people, and consuming lots of alchohol). Also, running any distance if you have a fever at all is a pretty dangerous idea since your body can't thermoregulate properly. I basically just wait until my body says it's ready.. which lucky for me is today... I think I'll go for a short one to see if I'm ready. As for the ILs, I don't think any amount of rest or runnning will make that better.... sorry.
              vicentefrijole

Not sure...just have had a sore throat and felt sorta meh the last few days...no energy. My sinuses are also sorta icky, but it's hard to know if that's my year-round allergies at work or a genuine cold.
                By the way, what's your favorite OTC cold medicine? I get colds pretty often and, recently, I'm in love with Nyquil! Blush Gives me the best sleep ever!