HELP - I can use positive vibes! (Read 1605 times)

My dogs are fast, not me

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Go Lynn!

Robin

Blimey-thats quite a feat Lynn. Best of luck with it, I'll be thinking of you when I'm out this weekend. Just wondering also (refering to Jakes bonus question this week) How much are you allowed to stuff your face after a 48hr run?!
        Thinking of ya! GO LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woot! 15 more minutes until Lynn is on his way! Go, Lynn! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cryptic

I have my positive vibes already flowing. I carb loaded last night for all the vibes I am going to be putting out. Kick some ass!
            bas

*checking time zones...* ...And he's off! Go Lynn!! bas PS I will be offline until sunday evening MET, but sending vibes continues of course Smile

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

JakeKnight

Just 47 hours, 56 minutes to go. Dude.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

JakeKnight

That reminds me. A quick comment on the "you're almost there" people. I hate these people. Hate, hate, hate. Don't be these people. They're nice people. They have good intentions. They like watching marathons, they cheer you on, they're full of energy. Nice, right? But their favorite tactic is to stand somewhere around mile 18-21 and yell: "You're almost there!" No. No no no. Don't do it. If you're standing next to the 26 mile marker, fine. Yell away. Because at that point, you are - in fact - "almost there." At mile 20, you are not "almost there." In fact, at mile 25, you won't be feeling "almost there." You're a light year away from "almost there." And anyone who suggests you are "almost there" deserves a whuppin'. What I feel, when I meet the Tribe of the Almost There at mile 23 or 24, is homicidal. If one day you're watching a marathon, and someone yells "you're almost there," you should hit them. Hard. Or, you might want to duck quickly - in case someone else is targeting them for termination. Trust me on this. Don't stand too close to these people. And then there's the worst offenders among the Tribe of the Almost There - the people who actually offer misinformation. Fake distance reports. Well-intentioned but cruel lies. They like to say things like "the finish line is just around the corner!" Or "it's just over this hill!" Or maybe ... "Just one more mile to go!" Such pep they have. Such verve. They're so perky. But then you turn the corner - no finish line. You crest the hill - no finish line. You run a mile - and the finish line isn't even in sight. These people are simply evil. No punishment is severe enough for these sadistic twisted freaks. A simple rule: unless the finish line is ACTUALLY IN SIGHT, as in VISIBLE from where you are standing, don't yell "you're almost there!" Because I will hunt you down. Slowly. /rant off Go, Lynn! You're ALMOST THERE! Roll eyes

Wingz

Professional Noob

Go, Lynn! Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Go Lynn!!! In regards to "you're almost there", in a marathon several years ago, somewhere along mile 13, some people shouted out "you're almost there". I was so annoyed by them because I was nowhere near almost there. I draw the line at around mile 23. Anything before that is not almost there. But, we're here to cheer Lynn on so... gfischerj's got a great idea. We all should carbo load as a way to cheer Lynn on Big grin He needs all the carbs and vibes he can get.
                        GO LYNN!!!!!!!!! I'm ranting along with ya on that one Jake!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOO LYNN!!!!!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And then there's the worst offenders among the Tribe of the Almost There - the people who actually offer misinformation. Fake distance reports. Well-intentioned but cruel lies.
                          Like the jerk at the miserable 10k this Summer who told me I was at the 5 mile marker when I was only at 4.5. Not a big difference, but it made ALL the difference on that day. I also found that 1.5 miles from the finish of my HM was NOT a good place for my hubby and kid to cheer me on. All it did was make me mad (they were WAY too chipper and happy and I was not), but it didn't make me run any faster. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Like the jerk at the miserable 10k this Summer who told me I was at the 5 mile marker when I was only at 4.5. Not a big difference, but it made ALL the difference on that day...
                            Yup. That's them. The Tribe of the Almost There. Bastards. Every one of 'em. The Huntsville Marathon (Rocket City) starts and ends in a downtown section (which, uh, ain't exactly like Manhattan), and the course must turn 90 degrees at least 3 dozen times. For big sections, you turn at one block, then turn at the next, then turn again ... so especially towards the end, you can never see far ahead of you. I had three different people - THREE - tell me that the finish line was around the "next corner." They were all lying, and it wasn't even close. More like - go around 10 or 11 corners, then you're close. Evil grin Fortunately for Lynn (nice segue there!), his course is right in front of him ... he can look at his own watch ... and there ain't a finish line, anyway. So the Tribe of the Almost There is powerless. !%!$%!'s. Lynn should be at maybe half marathon distance by now, maybe a little less. Definitely in the double digits. Just another 140 or so to go.

Cryptic

LoL Jake you have my side hurting i am laughing so hard over here. Positive vibes being sent out

Cryptic

Creeping up on 10% done almost there ha