Pre-Dawn Patrol (Read 678 times)

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Merry Christmas! DW and I got in a 5 miler this morning, and we'll go skiing while the turkey cooks!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
    My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
    Ride 112 miles.
    Run 26.2 miles.
    Then brag for the rest of your life.
    -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

WOW! I can't believe you all are here!! I was just going to venture over to CR and suggest we move here . . . you all are WAY ahead of me!! DH bought me a new Garmin 305 AND a WII game for Christmas!! I was so excited. Now I just have to figure out how to get healthy so that I can use the 305 and reach my 1,000 mile goal. 14 miles to go and I get sick! Sad Troy - we had Hailey's hips xrayed Monday for certification. One of the techs there has already said she wants a pup - she just fell in love with Hailey. Even got in the cage with her and just cuddled. She is such a sweetheart. I hope you all had a great Christmas . . . .I'm going to try and run soon. Just wanted to say Hi and happy to have found you all! Will this still be a daily thread? ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning, I am moving kind of slowly this morning. All of our kids were home yesterday and I think my wine consumption was a bit too high. The grandkids ages 10, 6 and 2 are still here along with their parents and another son and his wife. I didn't (couldn't) get a run in this morning, but I did get 5 miles in yesterday before all the festivities began. Mary- I am sorry to hear you are sick. I was hoping for 1000 miles for the year too, but my bad cough set me back and I have 40 to go. I will get in 15 more at the most, so I guess I will have the same goal for next year. Have a great day. Jackie

Jackie

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Will this still be a daily thread? ~Mary
          Mary Glad you found your way to us. I originally suggested more of a weekly thread but perhaps daily is better? What does everyone else think?

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.

I originally suggested more of a weekly thread but perhaps daily is better? What does everyone else think? I like the idea of a weekly thread. It is often easier for me to post later in the day, and then it gets kind of lost. Jackie

Jackie

Hi Gang, Mary - Get to feeling better. That is so cool. I wish I had room for one. Sad Kevin - Great job to you. I think daily is easier to keep track of. Jackie - Bummer, I'll give you some of mine to make your 1,000. No runs for me this week fighting a chest cold. My goal for 2008 is 1500. We'll see. Have a Great Day and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
              Happy Running,
              Troy
              "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

My thought on a weekly thread is that it would be easierr for everyone to keep track and catch up if you miss a day or two and as Jackie mentioned, it will make it easier if you post later in the day. Troy I hope you feel better. I got in 6.78 miles out here in the W. MD mountains. Felt pretty good, I kept it slow as I tried to maintain my HR under the aerobic threshold. So far for this year I'm at 1674.47 miles running, 1072.69 riding and 46.53 swiming, but who is keeping track Big grin We are off to hit the slopes a bit later.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                Ride 112 miles.
                Run 26.2 miles.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Happy Friday everyone! I got in 10 miles out here in the mountains. Beautiful morning, ran by the light of a mostly full moon on the way out and a nicer pink sunrise on the way back. Off for some more skiiing today.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hi everyone! I got out for a 5 miler yesterday afternoon with my new Garmin heartrate monitor. Took forever to lock on to the satellites the first time - but finally I was out and running. The doctor said it is okay to run, so when I feel up to it that is what I'll do until I shake this thing. The run went well - except for the dead deer that about gave me a heart attack! It was not on the road side of the bike path - but on the other side with its head almost laying on the path - staring at me it seemed. I din't notice it until I was right next to it - geech! Mile 1 - 10:31 - 156 bpm Mile 2 - 10:15 - 169 bpm Mile 3 - 10:06 - 172 bpm Mile 4 - 10:33 - 173 bpm Mile 5 - 10:24 - 174 bpm Average pace - 10:22 Average bpm - 169 Now I have to get on the phone with Garmin. Tried updated the software and it erased the GPS software and won't let me upload the new . . . . Great!! Nice 10 Miler Kevin!! I don't care if this is daily or weekly - I'll check in either way. ~mary

~Mary

~unknown

Kevin - Great job to you in the beautiful mountains. Jealousy looms. Mary - Great job to you. Wow, now I don't even want to connect mine. Wink I was out for a brisk 3 miler this morning. There was a beautiful frost covering the ground. Have a Happy New Year All!!
                      Happy Running,
                      Troy
                      "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

Think Whirled Peas

Morning! I usually run during lunch, but today I ran a slow 4 miler before work w/a friend. It was nice to run in the morning again. I love how peaceful it is. Have a great weekend!!!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Hello all, I got in a cold 3 miles this morning. I am in NW Minnesota visiting my parents. It is a picture from Currier and IVes here. The trees are all frosty and beautiful. There was a cold west wind blowing this morning though. My right foot got very cold. I am back to trying to figure out why just my right foot gets cold. Sounds like some great runs this morning. Have a great weekend. Jackie

Jackie

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

All is good Troy. I went into work and the downloads worked fine. With dial up at home - things just take too long I guess. I feel better about it now. Only 5 more miles to hit my 1,000 for the year and a huge PR!! Big grin Hopefully tomorrow - right now we are getting dumped on and are under a Winter Storm Warning. ~Mary

~Mary

~unknown