Live Long and Prosper (Read 116 times)

kcam

RIP Leonard Nimoy, aka Mr. Spock.  One of my childhood heros and one of the role models that influenced me in wanting to become an engineer.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory,"  Leonard Nimoy

bhearn

<----- Point of trivia: I grew this goatee (yes, that is mine) to go as Spock from Mirror, Mirror to an SF convention in 1983. Kept it ever since.

I am very sad.

jpdeaux

A couple of months back I heard a rebroadcast of this on NPR. He seemed like a genuinely nice and likable guy. Certainly talented in many ways, with that unforgettable voice.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Big fan of Star Trek and in search of

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Got into Star Trek as kid when the show first went into syndication.Taught myself to raise my eyebrow like Spock because I thought it looked cool. Did it when looking into a mirror. Wrong eyebrow, dammit. 40+ years later I can only raise the left one. Odd that Shatner didn't go to the funeral but most of his fellow cast members think he's a dick so...I think Shatner is a little bitter that Nimoy was in the reboot movies and not him, but Shatner is a fattie. A ladies man like Kirk would never let himself go. If you lived in the New England area & have ever been to the Museum of Science in Boston Nimoy's voice is part of the narration in the film that runs at the beginning of the Mugar Omni Theater "because he grew up three blocks from here." Spock was also a Patriots fan. Logical.