Now I REALLY want a treadmill! (Read 1057 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

You may get 8 only if you promise to shoot a video just like it Big grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You may get 8 only if you promise to shoot a video just like it Big grin
        Ok, I need 3 assistants. Volunteers, anyone...? We could use it as an opportunity to model our favorite running gear! Big grin BTW, that band's entire CD is under $7 for 14 tracks on iTunes. I really like their sound, so I am downloading it at this moment. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if there's an outtakes reel out there somewhere--now THAT would be hilarious! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

gimme some sugar, baby

If you're into OK GO, check out their first CD, I think it's self-titled... but it's really good.
              George: Runner/Law Student
              www.gimme-five.com
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm really liking their latest CD, but their first one also appears to have very good reviews, so I may have to download that one soon, too. BTW, where are those guys from? I saw one thing that referred to them as a Chicago band, but I am not convinced...they seem very british to me. k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I wonder if there's an outtakes reel out there somewhere--now THAT would be hilarious! Big grin k
                  How many takes do you suppose they did? Did you notice one of them was fighting to stay on his feet at one point?
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How many takes do you suppose they did? Did you notice one of them was fighting to stay on his feet at one point?
                    Yeah, he got off-kilter a bit, but for 4 people to have been so "on" for that entire song really astounds me...they must have practiced a TON. They could sell the practice takes, though...I'd totally pay for that! /likes to see other people look more foolish than I. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

I love that video! someone linked to that a week or 2 ago and I've watched it several times. It's so cool...I bet they had a blast doing that. Clowning around I want the CD because I love that song...are the rest of the songs as good?

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I want the CD because I love that song...are the rest of the songs as good?
                        I really like them. Good variety, lots of catchy tunes. Most are either fun and upbeat like that tune, or a bit more mellow and hummable. Their new disc is under $7 on iTunes (first one is about $10, I think). k

~ Sarah Kay

Here is the first video of theirs that I saw. I like their music and I like their dancing, not sure about the fashion sense though. Wink
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that's awesome! I just love how their videos are so completely low-budget. And the choreography is a hoot! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

BTW, where are those guys from? I saw one thing that referred to them as a Chicago band, but I am not convinced...they seem very british to me.
                              I can confirm that they are indeed from Chicago.... at least they were students here a few years back (they may have roots elsewhere too, I dunno). I have some friends who knew one of these guys (in the theatre/music program at Loyola, if I remember right). And they have done some cool "artsy" projects here with Ira Glass' This American Life. I've always liked their sound too but that video is REALLY great. It's made such a HUGE splash and on such a low budget!
                              Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

And they have done some cool "artsy" projects here with Ira Glass' This American Life.
                                Ira Glass?! I'm all over that! Do you know the episode?