What's the weather like where you are? (Read 2090 times)

It was -12 C (14 F) this morning. It was a bit chilly at first, but had a great run with the sun shining and a bit of fresh snow on the path. Endorphin buzz all the way back home. Cool
      This morning is severe clear and 16*F Not sure yet if there is a windchill. Can't see any movement in the trees but even a very light wind would chill things more. Ran last night at 5:15PM. I started out at 23*F aned when I got home it was 20*F Would be nice to have an indoor track!! Actually there is one and it is on the next County Road over. The Cummins Engine Company has a park with all the bells and whistles. If I can get 5 people from where I work to join I could use it. But it is $200/year and $2 for each use. THAT is expensive running 6 days week But I am happy to be running again just the same!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

My dogs are fast, not me

Yikes! It's 21F feels like 16F. A day for an afternoon run! Robin

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

32ยบ with a windchill of 20 (20mph winds). Wind sucks. It's supposed to get up to 39 today, but I have a feeling that with the windchill it will still feel well below freezing. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ran at 17*F and the outbound was down wind and not too bad. The return was all up wind (about 15kts) and it blew my breath back into my beard which froze up Big grin

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But aren't you glad you have a beard to keep your chinny chin chin warm!? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

But aren't you glad you have a beard to keep your chinny chin chin warm!? Big grin k
                YEP!! Growing up I was not allowed beard nor long hair. I went from high school into the Air Force which has the same rather narrow minded views on the subject. 11+ years later I was again a civilian but working Security for some major DoD contractors with the same views. Then as a DoD Cop. Well the base closed where I was a cop and the gov found me a new job as an accounting tech sans those narrow views. So I started out with the idea of no hair cut or shaving for one year! I finally cut my hair after more than 2 and half years. What a change!! Then cut the beard off 4 months later (I DID keep the beard trimined!!) The wife looked at me beardless and busted up laughing. I planned on re growing in the fall. But after 3 weeks of wondering just who was looking back at me while I brushed my teeth I started growing it back. The wife's only remark was "Aw, now you are going to look like you again!" It does help keep my face warm in winter

It's 30 outside right now & should drop down to the 20's before tonight's scheduled run. We have absolutely zippo snow so, it shouldn't be too bad. I'm absolutely jealous of guys who can grow full beards for the winter. I've never been able to muster much face follicles. My brother says I have a Texas beard: lots of wide open spaces. When it gets too cold I have to resort to a scarf or muffler. Then as I start to breathe heavy I fog up my glasses & run into parked cars. So much fun.
                  JakeKnight

You people are going to make really, really great senior citizens. All this thread is missing is one of you claiming you can predict the weather based on the ache in an old injury ... and somebody mentioning back "before the war" when it was three times as cold, and your Pappy used to make you run marathons around the house, and you liked it, goldarnit. Now eat your prunes.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

You people are going to make really, really great senior citizens. All this thread is missing is one of you claiming you can predict the weather based on the ache in an old injury ... and somebody mentioning back "before the war" when it was three times as cold, and your Pappy used to make you run marathons around the house, and you liked it, goldarnit. Now eat your prunes.
                      OK!! Will it help to tell you that my knees ach before a rain or snow? They DO Lord knows why!!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*grabs nearest meterologist and beats him to a bloody pulp* It was supposed to be sunny towards the end of the week...we had sun this AM, but I got almost no sleep last night (thanks to NyQuil making me feel like I had guzzled a quart of espresso until about 4am) and decided to do my run tomorrow, instead. And I was looking forward to sunshine and dry weather for my Weds and Fri. runs, but now there is rain and snow in the forecast...grrrr...looks like all of my runs this week will be done in crap. I'd like just ONE day/week with reasonably decent weather...I don't think that's so much to ask. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Just checked the 10-day forecast here in Virginia. Next weekend is looking promising - Saturday: 66 degrees, Sunday: 70 degrees, Monday: 73 degrees!!! Smile
                          Jacob Fern

It's not really the cold that bothers me... its the ice. yesterday it snowed in the evening, then it turned to rain... which turned to ice... not too fun. Tongue
                            Regina

A lot of fog and only one colour left: grey!!! I hope I'll find the way back home when I go running today ... I definitely prefer a real winter!!!

Prophet!

Its aloha winter here in hawaii... Cool temperatures are dipping in the mid 70s..there was some thunderstorms yesterday so no beach day, but they have passed and now we're geting our usual tradewind weather back...so temps should soar back up to upper 70s and low 80s...