I feel lost..... (Read 1164 times)

I think we can all understand. I need my daily RA fix or I feel lost. Everyone here has been wonderful in the past 10 months since I've joined. The holidays are hectic and not everyone is around at the moment, it'll get better once the New Year has started, you'll see. Give it/us some time. Big grin

Michelle

Queen of 3rd Place

Hey, this place is great! We have the RA veterans reminding us to drink beer and the old CR gang reminding us to take it easy sometimes! Well that must mean it's time to take it easy with a beer! Oh damn, it's only 10 am. You RA vets are great - I love your sense of humor and obvious love of running. And beer. I won't forget the beer. Arla

Ex runner

Imminent Catastrophe

... Well that must mean it's time to take it easy with a beer! Oh damn, it's only 10 am. ...
        OK, everyone together now: It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

If a person doesn't like beer, may he/she join with the beverage of choice in hand - say, a little vodka/soda water/cranberry mix?? I'm likin' this site, but then most of my CR buds have made the transition over, which has made me feel so much more at home. But all the RA peeps are doing a wonderful job of welcoming us migrants. Thanks! Cool

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I am certainly OK with bringing along the Vodka but I think this is due to my Polish/Ukrainian heritage. I think my mom spiked our baby bottles.
              If a person doesn't like beer, may he/she join with the beverage of choice in hand - say, a little vodka/soda water/cranberry mix??
              That'll work just fine! Smile

Michelle

This must happen a lot on internet forums. I was once part of another online community unrelated to running. Many of the main members did not like what was happening to the Board so we all decided to leave. We couldn't find a home somewhere else on mass because its hard to fit in as a group to an established board. So everntually, we made our own website and forum. It was small when it started but grew to include many new people. I hope that you CR refugees can find your home. Whether it's here or at another board. It's no fun feeling lost. If you choose to stay here, I say welcome. There are a lot of great people on this board. If you ultimatelyy decide this is not the place for you, I hope you eventually find what you're lookinng for.
                "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

Kings Canyon NP 07'

I wondered if that would get noticed. BTW, did was at a bar tonite that still had some Oberon on tap... *sigh*
                  Bell's? If so wow. That brings back memories.

left-right-left-right-repeat

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ahh, yes, Bells is a local favorite here at RA. Lessee, tonight thus far: Goose Island Honker's Ale Columbus Brewing Company Pale Ale Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner (not a true microbrew) BBC Altbier Maybe I'll go have an Oberon as well... (I'm celebrating my 2000 miles)

Dog-Love

Heck I think I'll go celebrate your 2000 miles too since I already celebrated my 1000 miles... Anyone else have a reason for me to celebrate?
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Not yet, but another 13.4 and it's 1500 for me. It will be a Bass Ale at Mike's Bar in Tel Aviv for me, and well deserved, if I may say so.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes, Tel Aviv. If I can't be home, I can't think of a better place to be than Tel Aviv. They "get it".