Trent, where are you? (Read 1040 times)

btb1490

What is this? http://www.teambluemonkey.com/
    It is clearly explained on the website.... In the beginning there were many brown monkeys in the jungle. Moshi, though, was somehow different, unsatisfied. He left to become a wandering monkey, to find true peace/enlightnenment. And in his wanderings, sharing what enlightenment he had found. At first in his wanderings, Moshi trys rigorous self-discipline, and his mind became clearer as his body waned. He lived on nauseus foods, let dirt/filth accumulate and became exccesively thin. This discipline was not easily kept up, and there were many periods of backsliding. Eventually, though, his thinking did become more clear. And suddenly, the answer came. Inability to experience release was due to desire being constantly and painfully thwarted. The god of desire (the Evil One (the red lizard)), tempted him to give up his quest and succumb to pleasure. But the deadly missiles hurled by the evil one entered Moshi's consciousness as sprays of banannas. Defeated, the Evil One fled. Shortly thereafter, enlightenment came. It was a higher form of consciousness, free of desire and its attendant pain. Purged of wrong states of mind, he became "The Blue Monkey", his outward appearance showing his inward enlightenment. Moshi then had to decide what to do with his enlightenment. He could remain "the one enlightened blue monkey", or, as he chose, to communicate this enlightenment and truth to others, thus spawining more blue monkeys (Bodhisattvas).
      I think this is the correct version..... how to make a blue monkey Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

I think this is the correct version..... how to make a blue monkey Wink
        Your such a riot Cheryl!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Imminent Catastrophe

4 hours? Slowing down? Hey, so over on the maniacs race calendar, there are several maniacs who say they are gonna monkey, but who have not registered...any thoughts on that one?
          Procrastinators, probably. Your post on the MM forum should push them along. (I modified my last post to add that I'm in wait-and-see mode to see how my right foot holds up in the Crater Lake Marathon on Saturday).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Russ, you will always have a spot at the Monkey Big grin Good luck at Crater Lake!! modified: hey, wanna add a comment to the maniac board post I made? Wink

Imminent Catastrophe

Russ, you will always have a spot at the Monkey Big grin Good luck at Crater Lake!! modified: hey, wanna add a comment to the maniac board post I made? Wink
              Done. I've really been looking forward to Crater Lake, talk about your tough course, hills, and scenery. Hope this stupid foot behaves. BTW when is the write-up on the Monkey appearing in M&B?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

BTW when is the write-up on the Monkey appearing in M&B?
                Thanks! Should be the November / December issue, coming out right around November 18 or so...
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

OK, registration for The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon has been open for four days now, and not a peep about it from Trent. We're worried about you, Trent, are you OK? Big grin
                  There are about 2 spots remaining...
                  va

So, how many RA-ers are going to be running this year?

Go Pre!

Marathon? ... and most difficult
                      That is one WHACK elevation chart! BUT, I will aim for this in 2008!
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So, how many RA-ers are going to be running this year?
                        Jeff, PerfesserR, Trent, the mythic Gorilla, TanyaS, Candice C (as a volunteer), BMenees (a lurker) and probably some others.
                        That is one WHACK elevation chart! BUT, I will aim for this in 2008!
                        Big grin
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Bib numbers are now posted. If you ran last year, you get to keep your bib number...