Unable to unlock Garmin Communicator Plugin (Read 102 times)

CherylH

I followed instructions when prompted to update the Garmin Communicator Plugin.  Since I did, I get the following message:

GPS import currently supports the Garmin Forerunner GPS only and requires the Garmin Communicator Plugin.

You need to install the Garmin Communicator Plugin before you can use your Forerunner with RunningAHEAD.

<input checked="checked" disabled="disabled" name="ctl00$ctl01$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_device$m_newWorkouts" type="checkbox" /><label>Import new workouts only</label>
    <input disabled="disabled" name="ctl00$ctl01$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_device$m_publicMaps" type="checkbox" /><label>Mark workout routes as publicly viewable</label>
    <input disabled="disabled" name="ctl00$ctl01$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_device$m_copyWorkout" type="checkbox" /><label>Fill new workouts with info from the last saved workout</label>
    <input disabled="disabled" name="ctl00$ctl01$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_device$m_replaceElevation" type="checkbox" /><label>Replace GPS elevation measurements</label>

Wait...

▼ Status: Unable to unlock Garmin Communicator Plugin

<input name="ctl00$ctl01$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_device$m_traceData" type="hidden" value="Searching for GarminActiveXControl found GarminActiveXControl Plugin version: 4.2.0.0 Status: Unable to unlock Garmin Communicator Plugin" />

Searching for GarminActiveXControl

found GarminActiveXControl

Plugin version: 4.2.0.0

When I use Garmin Connect it sees my 220 device and uploads just fine.  The Connector test page shows I have the latest version and sees my device as well.  Are there IE options I need to change to get this to unlock?  I use a Windows 7 PC and I'm on IE 11.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Cheryl

eric :)

Hi CherylH,

When you're on the import page, IE would display an orange info bar at the bottom of the page ask you to grant permission to allow the plugin to run.  Once you allow it, it should work.

eric Smile

CherylH

Thanks Eric, I'll give that a shot this afternoon!

CherylH

Hi, again Eric.  I never was prompted with the orange bar....same error message as before.  Any suggestions?

CherylH,

Sorry about that!  I gave you the wrong fix.  Could you copy and paste the url of the import page here so I can take a look?  The bug is related to the url.

eric Smile

CherylH

CherylH

I don't know if you did anything, but today's run uploaded just fine! 

I don't know if you did anything, but today's run uploaded just fine! 

Oh yes.  I forgot to tell you that I fixed the problem last night.

CherylH

Thank you for your help...!  Have a great week.

Nana_

Today 6-20  I got the "needs Garmin plugin" error message.

It uploaded fine on 6-18 now I'm "locked out" somehow.  ??

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I had to re-download plugin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/