First Half Marathon! (Read 689 times)

Just completed my first one on Thanksgiving Day! My goal was a very conservative 2:30:00 and my chip time was 2:11:45 which obviously pleased me. My only problem is my left calf is now giving me issues. I did a 20 minute VERY SLOW recovery jog earlier today but had to wrap the leg tightly. It'll kill me to lay off it (there's a very festive 5K next week) but I don't want to risk further injury. Bummer huh?
    stephonya

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment. I'm looking forward to my first in May and would be very pleased with that time.

Outside Lane

Congrats - great job! Hope your calf feels better soon. Rest - ice - compression - elevation.

See how they run...

Congrats on your first half. I just signed up for my first in Feb. I hope your calf heals quickly.

De-slacking in progress

Great job - since you haven't made your log "public"- what kind of training program did you use or what mileage were you running weekly? I will be running my first HM in April 2009

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

When I think of my own first marathon, 40 degrees and steady rain on a Sunday in March, in 1:57:58, I wonder why I ran the other 28. I guess I must be a glutton for punishment. Take care of that knee, rrtaylor. There's always another race!
              I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                Congratulations!!!!!! That's an awesome time! Take a few weeks to recover then slowly build on what you have achieved already.
                Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09