First sub-6 Anything (Read 1121 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Okay, so it was only 400 meters, and I only did it because the girl I was doing the speedwork with was going to do it, but I ran 400 meters in 1:24 (that other bee-yotch did 1:20). A 5:38 pace. I know that's too fast an interval for me, but I am still really excited because I had no idea I that I COULD run that fast, especially at the very end of a speedwork session. I am still shocked.
    va

I think that's pretty cool! Way to go!

Dog-Love

See...now you know you can run that fast. Great work. Didn't you want to throw up?
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        seeEricaRun

Awesome

See...now you know you can run that fast. Great work. Didn't you want to throw up?
          Yes, absolutely!

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Wow, that is pretty freaking fast! Nice job !
              2009: BQ?
              twoodcc

congrats! now don't be scared to run that fast again
                seeEricaRun

Awesome

congrats! now don't be scared to run that fast again
                  It may be a while until I do it again. My quads are STILL sore.

Slow-smooth-fast

it may only be an interval but what the hell, it is fast. I remember when I went sub 5 for an interval session. I felt exactly as you do. Next you will have to try to do the whole interval session in sub 6 average.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Gaby

wake me up!

Hey Eric ! great job ! And I was so happy with my 3 miler at 33 minutes ! Confused (I got to say, it was running with 25F outside in the iced pavement road!)
                        Nicely done Erica! The quads will eventually forgive you. Smile

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.