2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

northernman

Fight The Future

If anyone is interested, I posted a race report for RnR DC in the Marathoner Dailies.

Wow! What a performance, considering the conditions! Fantastic race and report Julia! Congratulations on a job well done!

Julia1971

Wow! What a performance, considering the conditions! Fantastic race and report Julia! Congratulations on a job well done!

Thanks so much!  It was exhausting.  I've been sleeping on and off for the past 24-hours.  It's just so nice to be under a warm blanket.  I'm hoping I'll feel rested enough to run again come Tuesday or Wednesday.

Young724

10986 wave 2 corral 3.

Starting to get excited.

Right there with you... #10954 wave 2 corral 3.  36 days away!  Boston first timer and this race is constantly on my mind - 24/7.

runnershawn

Congratz Julia!!  Get Warm.  Boston be better weather Smile

Julia1971

Congratz Julia!!  Get Warm.  Boston be better weather Smile

Thanks!  I'm hoping I used my weather jinx this past weekend and the weather in Boston will be beautiful.

btb1490

#8094 for me, 2nd wave 1st corral, off of 3:11:17  last year's Boston .  So cutoff is under 3:11 or so.

Last 2 years I have been at back of wave1 and kinda sucked with not much running room for first 5 or so miles and mentally.  Be nice to be able to have own stride for awhile.  With a goal for under 3 hours wonder if we will catch a lot of the first wave and have to weave a bit.

I did the Corral1 / Wave2 thing one year and was surprised at how quickly I caught up to the first wave.  Even if there are 20 minutes between waves, don't forget that the end of the first wave will take some time to cross the starting line, so they really aren't too far ahead of you.  The last 10k was horrible trying to get around much slower people.  I hope it's better for you than it was for me.

Sayhey! MM#130

2/5 (12071)     I usually listen to the Sox on a little radio so it all depends on Pedey and crew.  I'm hopin' for a real Laser Show!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

runnershawn

I did the Corral1 / Wave2 thing one year and was surprised at how quickly I caught up to the first wave.  Even if there are 20 minutes between waves, don't forget that the end of the first wave will take some time to cross the starting line, so they really aren't too far ahead of you.  The last 10k was horrible trying to get around much slower people.  I hope it's better for you than it was for me.

Thanks btb1490.  Now it is 25 mins and not as many runners in each wave so might be more spread out more.  We will see

FSBD

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Thanks!  I'm hoping I used my weather jinx this past weekend and the weather in Boston will be beautiful.

Well done Julia and especially in tough conditions with more hills and challenges. Rest well now and bring on the nice weather for April (nice for runners that is).

Sayhey! MM#130

Hey Julia, this is a stupendous chart and effort; you are so swell to do this!  So I have to ask--1971 'cuz you were born then? Because in high school (Maynard HIgh, MA), I was Class of '71.

-----think we can find each other in our corral?

And Hey Bruce D555 (I won't even guess at that), me to, B2B.  Hope to meet you sometime during that week next month!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Julia1971

Hey Julia, this is a stupendous chart and effort; you are so swell to do this!  So I have to ask--1971 'cuz you were born then? Because in high school (Maynard HIgh, MA), I was Class of '71.

-----think we can find each other in our corral?

And Hey Bruce D555 (I won't even guess at that), me to, B2B.  Hope to meet you sometime during that week next month!

I'm sure we'll run in to one another.  Assuming I actually get to the corral on time.  Smile  I have a way of running into people in real life when I don't even really plan on it.  Yes, 1971 is my birthyear.  Sorry. 

Julia1971

The Welcome booklet and Runner Passport came in the mail today.  Smile  Oh, and the Optimal Hydration and Adidas merchandise leaflets, too.

About 3 weeks to go, people!  Smile

KMB

Wave 2 Corral 4.  Got the runner booklet... excitement is growing.  Last 20+ miler tomorrow... along the course from Framingham to the finish... then to the Pour House.

runnershawn

The Welcome booklet and Runner Passport came in the mail today.  Smile  Oh, and the Optimal Hydration and Adidas merchandise leaflets, too.

About 3 weeks to go, people!  Smile

Well 30 degrees and snowing and wind in face on run on the Boston Course.  Only good thing got to see former Patriots Linebacker Tedy Bruschi handing water at a low key place near Wellesley.  Got home and my door was locked and no one had a key so had to wait for a locksmith.  75 bucks and in my house.  The run itself felt fine.