iPhone app for RunningAHEAD beta process (Read 287 times)

I have completed a MVP for an iphone iOS7 RunningAHEAD app and am looking for a few folks to participate in a closed beta.

I am looking for folks who are able to use the app and provide feedback/report issues that they come across. Space is very limited.

If you're interested, please send an email to rob@rauxsoftware.com with a brief explanation of why you're interested. I'll provide more details from there.

Finally, this is all sanctioned by Eric Smile. In fact, I think he may have wanted to kill me a few times during the process. Fortunately he abstained!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh!

YES!!

Email sent.

tomatolover

very cool!

Invites sent out to all who emailed me so far. If you didn't get one, be sure to let me know!

Thanks to all who emailed. At this time I have enough folks to help out.

I don't have a date when it will be available in the app store, but when I do, I'll let folks know.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, wish I'd seen this earlier.  If you need anyone else to test it, I'd be happy to help.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

When this is ready for the iOS masses, sign me up!

(Experienced beta tester for music and event apps, not for fitness/running apps, but I love RA!)

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
                5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

Chasing the bus

Ya, wish I'd seen this earlier. Currently running with Runmeter, exporting to iUploader, importing to RA, and editing in all treadmill laps/splits/distance etc...it's a bit clunky. REALLY want in on this early, and I'm willing to pay, if it includes my HRM data.

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                  Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Glad to see interest guys. If things change at all, I'll let you know about signing up to help out.

@Furthur - No HRM integration yet.

The app is now live and can be found here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/runforth/id870842149?mt=8&uo=4

runlikeagirI

This looks awesome! Downloaded & hope to try it out later today.  Shared on twitter as well.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey, went for a run today with this finally. It is great!! Some thoughts -

- Would be nice if I could set it to do auto-laps with a certain distance (e.g., every mile)

- Would be nice if I could get it to auto pause when I stop for a minute

- Is there a way to get the current run stats to show on the lock screen? For security I have my lock screen come on after a few minutes, so it is hard then to track my run

- Is there a way to get the fields to auto populate with the last equipment / course / run type? Also, it would be nice if there were a way to search for course instead of needing to scroll my long list.

- Can the map upload as well?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the questions Trent, answers below. Check out here for what is planned for the future.

- Would be nice if I could set it to do auto-laps with a certain distance (e.g., every mile)

That will be available in the next release.

- Would be nice if I could get it to auto pause when I stop for a minute

That too will be available in the next release.

- Is there a way to get the current run stats to show on the lock screen? For security I have my lock screen come on after a few minutes, so it is hard then to track my run

This is problematic and not really useful necessarily since it can't update existing information, so much as post new information to it. That would leave you with a really long list of items to clear. How this will be handled more effectively is through audio cues. That is, when you finish a mile/kilo, or other configurable options, the app will speak you pace/total time/distance to you.

- Is there a way to get the fields to auto populate with the last equipment / course / run type? Also, it would be nice if there were a way to search for course instead of needing to scroll my long list.

Autopopulation as you've outlined, and how it works in RA is planned. Selecting a course interface will be improved in a future release, along with the ability to create a course from a workout.

- Can the map upload as well?

It should upload, however you may be be seeing it for 1 of 2 reasons. FIrst, if you expect to see it in the app, it is not supported yet. It will be soon. If you were expecting to see it in RA and do not, that is because you've created a new Activity Type, which I believe do not show maps regardless of whether GPS was imported for them or not. The map should show up in RA if the Activity TYpe is running/biking and it was saved from RunForth.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks!

I saved my last two runs as "moloko", which is my silly name for the basic RA easy run type.

You used to GPS portion of RunForth to generate these, or you simply entered them manually?