New WR: Beer Mile (Read 381 times)

Maybe combine it all. drink a beer, solve a cube, run a lap.

Well of course the ultimate, from the beer mile site, is this one:

The Renaissance Mile (1 mile, solve a Rubik's cube, drink a 40oz of malt liquor, dunk a basketball on a 10' rim, play Chopin's Minute Waltz, eat a pint of ice cream, any order)
    Best known effort: rumored to be 29:09

Dave

JimR

My Chopin's not like it was in the 80s.

My Chopin's not like it was in the 80s.

it's not about form.  it's a race.  either way I figure it should only take 60 seconds based on the name of the ditty.

I'm not sure I could do any one of those things on it's own. Well maybe run the mile, although slowly. And I suppose if given enough time I could choke down a 40 of Colt .45.

Dave

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well of course the ultimate, from the beer mile site, is this one:

The Renaissance Mile (1 mile, solve a Rubik's cube, drink a 40oz of malt liquor, dunk a basketball on a 10' rim, play Chopin's Minute Waltz, eat a pint of ice cream, any order)
            Best known effort: rumored to be 29:09

I'm on board with the beer-Rubik-run tri, but this one is out of my league.  'Twould take a fair amount of talent, not the least of which would be gastrointestinal.

On On

Basically because I drink more than the average drinker and can put together a few miles in a row these two have always appealed to me.  Have yet to attempt either one though.  I could always try either at 3 Days at the Fair but not sure how well I could still work after trying the second one.  I could still function after doing the first.

• The 24 and 24 in 24 (24 beers, 24 miles, in 24 hours or less)
                  Best known effort: rumored to be 14 hours

• The Bicentennial (100 beers, 100 miles, any order)
                Best known effort: rumored to be 104 hours, 151 hours

that's almost an exponential deal there.  I mean, a lot of people could do 6 miles and a 6 pack in under an hour.  But 4 times the beer is going to require some processing time.  Still, I would think someone could do that in 12 hours if they really wanted to.  Run a morning marathon and drink all afternoon.  You even get to start drinking with 2.2 miles left in the marathon as you walk it in.  I'd probably down 4 of them on that walk.  Then you've got 20 beers in the remaining 7-8 hours.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Kalsarikännit

Hmmmm.  This gives me ideas. Are there rules?  Does the beer have to be 5%?  All Day IPA (4.7%) might be a good pick.

And do you go for time? Or just to get it done? An idea on LR is to drink a bunch before going to sleep, and split up the running.  I think I would rather wake up, have two for breakfast, and bang out the 24 with a possible beer or two during the run, then get to business.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=823445

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

24-24-24 is definitely possible even for us older folks. I'm willing to bet that I could have inadvertently almost done the challenge without trying, as I start to think about opportunities in the past year or so where I've had a few drinks and run a few miles.

I know back in November I must have been close when I had a 5 miler race, did warmup and cooldown miles too, drank like 16-18 beers, and then did a 16 mile long run the next day when I got home from Banff. Heck, I think I must have been close on the beer consumption portion as well when I got my HM PR back in February and those were 20 oz pints we were drinking!

Kind of funny that back on that February day we were chatting about Beer Miles as well and I called a buddy's 7:02 a "weak time". Ha, I'd like to try that race because sub-7 could be cool!

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Feeling the growl again

Kind of funny that back on that February day we were chatting about Beer Miles as well and I called a buddy's 7:02 a "weak time". Ha, I'd like to try that race because sub-7 could be cool!

Yeah, I get a laugh out of people who comment on beer mile times but have never done one.  I run an annual beer mile event.  Sub-7 is a serious time.  People who have not done it do not understand the last two beers.  It's easy to get the first one down in 13ish seconds, but after that it becomes a very different experience.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ive done 30 beers in 24 hours plenty of times, usually with hours to spare (albeit before my running career). This sounds easy. Here's how...   @ 4pm go for a long run, 15-20 miles should work.  Drink 2-3 beers by 7:30, then eat some dinner. @ around 9pm, start drinking. Any respectable drinker could get through their 13th-15th beer by 2 am. Drink a bunch of water and sleep a solid 7-8 hours. Have 2-3 beers with breakfast (need to eat food as well). Make sure the running shoes are on by noon to bang out the last 4-9 miles. Power hour @ 3pm. Done

Kalsarikännit

Yeah, I get a laugh out of people who comment on beer mile times but have never done one.  I run an annual beer mile event.  Sub-7 is a serious time.  People who have not done it do not understand the last two beers.  It's easy to get the first one down in 13ish seconds, but after that it becomes a very different experience.

+1. Plus there is something big to consider...you are coming into three of the beers winded (the degree dependant upon strategy).  You aren't chugging beer, you are chugging beer when already gasping for breath.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

+1. Plus there is something big to consider...you are coming into three of the beers winded (the degree dependant upon strategy).  You aren't chugging beer, you are chugging beer when already gasping for breath.

And I know you know how to run a beer mile.

Which brings up, are you returning to the Spaniel Farms Beer Mile to win another title?  I moved it specifically to avoid RAGBRAI this year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills