Running streak of 16,438 days will set American record (Read 156 times)

BeeRunB

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-running-streak-record-20140526-story.html

"Wearing a white baseball cap, a neon green shirt, black shorts and gray running shoes, Jon Sutherland runs alongside his 6-year-old dog, Puck, a brown Labrador mix, circling Sherman Oaks Park along with dozens of early morning joggers and walkers.

Rain or shine, healthy or sick, strong or weak, Sutherland has stayed with a similar routine — he has run — every day for 45 consecutive years, covering more than 190,000 miles............"

(I am not worthy, I am not worthy)

How does one run with some of the injuries he's had to deal with?

I can only conclude I'm a wimp.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-running-streak-record-20140526-story.html

"Wearing a white baseball cap, a neon green shirt, black shorts and gray running shoes, Jon Sutherland runs alongside his 6-year-old dog, Puck, a brown Labrador mix, circling Sherman Oaks Park along with dozens of early morning joggers and walkers.

Rain or shine, healthy or sick, strong or weak, Sutherland has stayed with a similar routine — he has run — every day for 45 consecutive years, covering more than 190,000 miles............"

(I am not worthy, I am not worthy)

kcam

"He has averaged a little more than 11 miles a day during his streak. He once ran about 120 miles a week, when he was competing for Valley College and Cal State Northridge, but he's now running 45 to 50 miles a week."

He ain't no 1-mile-a-day streaker.

BeeRunB

bap

What happened to the guy in front of him? Is Nancy Kerrigan's ex-husband involved?

Certified Running Coach
            Crocked since 2013

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

He was interviewed on NPR.  He sounds remarkably sane!?