July "Virtual 5K/5M" invitation to all RunningAHEAD members (Read 1120 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, All! It's time to sign up for July's Virtual 5K/5 Mile race! The dates will be a bit extended due to the holiday. The race is open from Sat. July 1 - Tues July 4. This means that any time during that period you can either run in a "real" race or mark out your own distances and race them. Then, post back here with your times. You MUST submit your time between July 1 and July 5. (Times posted before July 1 will have penalty minutes added on to them by the race director, and times posted after July 5 won't be eligible for placement at all.) There are two divisions to the race - a 5K (which is 3.1 miles for any complete newbies out there!) and a 5 mile division. Pick one (or both!) and sign up for it before the first race day in order to get your virtual t-shirt. For those of you not familiar with a "virtual" race, we had our first last month - check out the thread at http://www.runningahead.com/frm_topic.aspx?id=1c3befbfaf064fe38fff38742dd1fe10. It was a lot of fun. Our 5K course record is held by mbotti at 17:02, and the 5 Mile record is held by Pron8r at 36:41. Sign up and join the fun! Tell your friends! Run like crazy and then come back and brag! PS - anyone want to volunteer to make the refreshments this time? I heard someone found cat fur in their water last time and threatened to sue if the caterer wasn't changed...

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm signing up for the 5K division. See you all there! Cool

The Floor Walker

Well I suppose I should come back and defend my 5k title Big grin I am racing a 5k on the 4th of july so this works out perfectly Cool Count me in!! Matt
          I think I would like to move up to the 5 mile race this time. I will be on vacation, but still running, 6/26 through 7/4. If I have access to a computer, I will post my time, if not I will get in the following month. Undecided
          "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sweet, I can't wait! My first *real* 5k race is tomorrow, but I love these virtual ones! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Hrm... sure, I'll sign up. I might DNS, but it's for a good cause, right?
              Wingz

Professional Noob

This looks like it's going to be a very small race this month! So far we've got: 5K: Wingz Mbotti Zoom-zoom 5M: Hawkrunner Mile Collector Hey! I just noticed it's only Zoom-zoom and me vs mbotti. Hey, mbotti! How about giving us gals a head start? About 20 minutes? ::blink:: ::blink:: Smile Or maybe as race director I'll split it up by gender lines this time... heh heh heh... Evil grin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I plan to run a 5k on July 4. However, I have a marathon 4 days later, so I will probably not race it.
                    I'm in. I think I'll go 5 miles on Sunday. Is there a prize for who goes the slowest? Big grin
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

Updated list: 5K: Mbotti Zoom-zoom Trent "not racing" Wink ttmalek aswindon 5M: Hawkrunner Mile Collector Clancy ttmalek Sorry, Clancy, there isn't a specific prize for going slowest... but right now (unlike me!) you've got a good chance of placing in the top three! Big grin Last time I made a prize for all "particpants" but I was the only one who didn't place... Sad I think we should keep including "participants" prizes... Smile

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hello, Racers! Feel free to pick up your race packet anytime at: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/race_packet.html Post-race refreshments are available at: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/post-race_refreshments.html I apologize that I do not have new refreshments out just yet. Check back in a few days! Submit your times on-line at: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form.html Submitting your times by this form will allow us to keep the suspense while we're waiting for everyone to get finished racing. The form will send me an email directly with your times. If you would like a confirmation that I have received your time, please include your email address under the "Comments" section. Good luck everyone and I'll "see" you at the Race! Janell modified to update hyperlinks...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Girl...you are crazy. And Sweetie is a camera whore! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wasn't he just PRECIOUS in that race packet photo? Big grin Unfortunately the dinky little photo editor I have doesn't really get rid of little kitty deamon-eyes... But aside from that, he's perfect! By the way, can you tell I had too much time on my hands last night? Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love it when you have too much time on your hands! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks! Big grin