Question about running shoe buying courtesy. (Read 1217 times)

Hop45

We have a store here that puts you in the shoes and videos you running on a treadmill. I bet they put you in 5-7 different pairs to try. I have gone ther once, to find out if I needed stability, neutral, or whatever type of shoe best suited me. I sucked it up and spent the extra money for their time/service. However, now that I know I need a neutral shoe, I will be looking for a cheaper deal online for my next pair of shoes. Use them once, get the info you want, then do your own thing next time. Just my 2 cents.
      The extra mark-up on the shoes covers overhead and staff costs. If you plan on using those, I'd suggest you pay for them (i.e., buy the shoes in the store at the price they ask). Afterwards, if you are happy with their recommendation, buy your shoes online - from their site. I visit my local specialty shop when a new model is released or if I think my needs have changed, but typically buy my shoes online. However, the mark-up on apparel is quite a bit less, with sales and my running club discount, I can easily justify the nominally higher costs to support the local shop. One other thing worth noting is their return policy. Sometimes returns through the mail are bit trickier, so bear that in mind as well.
        It depends what you are comfortable with. For myself, I would buy them instore that first time; their instore staff are spending a chunk of time to help ensure the proper fit and the proper shoe. Then next time, I would go online.
        This is what I did.
        You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here

Are you a Good Person?

I can't relate to stores in Scotland but I live in the U.S. and go to a local Fleet Feet store. It is worth the expert advise from runners and I have a hard time beating the prices online anyway. Oh and it's a little rude to get fitted and then buy someplace else. I think. If you just go into a big box store and fit yourself that's different.
          Abortion Kills