The 117th Boston Marathon (Read 842 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zonykel

All I can do is hit refresh on the 5K splits :-)

im in awe at how fast the elites run for such a long time.

Pretty awesome race! Cried cheered and clapped and its only 9:30am

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Congrats to Jiptoo and Desisa!  And I was quite proud of Goucher, Flanagan, and Hartmann!

I wonder if we could just rely entirely on an interpreter for the post-race interviews, when the winners aren't comfortable with English?  Not because I mind, or because of some kind of stupid idea that only English should be spoken by the participants, I just feel sorry for the poor winners.  I know when I've just finished a marathon, I can barely speak my own native language legibly...I can't imagine understanding and then answering questions about race strategy in a foreign tongue in that state.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

xor

American women went 4,6, 15.  Men went 4, 9, 10.   Some folks might have heard about #15 gal, Stephanie Rothstein (now Bruce), but I bet not many know who the 9th and 10th guys were.

RA's BadDawg: 12th in AG -- 2:47:52.

zonykel

American women went 4,6, 15.  Men went 4, 9, 10.   Some folks might have heard about #15 gal, Stephanie Rothstein (now Bruce), but I bet not many know who the 9th and 10th guys were.

I think I'd read about Tapia not long ago in a magazine. Good for him to peak at this level.

an amazing likeness

RA's BadDawg: 12th in AG -- 2:47:52.

Dude is a great guy first, and what an impressive runner...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

There's been an explosion near the finish line and runners are not being allowed to finish bc emergency crews are in.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Doc, my tooth hurts

There's been an explosion near the finish line and runners are not being allowed to finish bc emergency crews are in.

Oh no. I've seen the early photos and can't believe such a thing could happen.

Runners run

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Imminent Catastrophe

DW and I had just left the area and heard the blasts. Sonofabitch.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

wtf?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013-boston-marathon-finish-line/

Last I saw that shot, it was full of crowds and hubbub.  Now, no crowds, different kind of hubbub.  Shocked

MTA:  "Multiple injuries" reported.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

A Saucy Wench

Holy fuck.  I hope none of our people are out there.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7