Sunglasses (Read 166 times)

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

I'm in the market for a new pair and would like something durable, non-slip and sweatproof. Interested to hear what your favorite running glasses are.  Thanks in advance!

Feeling the growl again

Whatever I find at CVS.  Anything I buy for $20 there will last a couple years and I'll never lose it.  If I spend >$50 on a pair it will either break quickly or I will lose it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I was in the same boat as spaniel for many years, never trusting myself with anything but a cheap pair.  But the last ones, I was able to hang on to for many years, so when they finally got some distracting scratches, I treated myself to a $60 pair of Tifosi...umm..."Radius," I think.

There is a difference, and it's worth the extra $40, IMO.  Still wouldn't be able to bring myself to go over $100 on a pair, though.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I have horrible eyesight, so mine are prescription.  They're made by RecSpecs.  My eyes are bad enough that I cannot get Oakleys or just about any other "designed brand"--they only accept lenses up to a certain thickness.

I do not want to talk about how much they cost. :-P

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek

Slo

As far as sunglasses go, most any sports type frame have worked well for me. I like the ones with the rubberized earpeices for keeping them in place and staying on my head when I'm not using them.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sweatproof"

The most important thing to look for is the UV protection statement.

Like Spaniel, I buy the cheap ones except lately I have ordered Dual Wear brand for the bi-focal option. I'm not far away from needing prescription sunglasses anyway.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

+1 for Tifosi. Great sunglasses and you can usually find pretty good deals on eBay.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My sunglasses are a brand called Ryders I got at my LRS for about $50.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Rungry!

Love my Tifosi. So lightweight and comfortable that I forget I have them on.

Jen

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ironman.  $20 at Target.  Lightweight and durable.

I have the same exact sunglasses, color and all. I think my wife paid 15.99 @ Kroger. For the money they are not bad.

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice

Joann Y

I never wear sunglasses. My prescription would make them super expensive and then I would break or lose them. I just wear regular glasses for running and a hat if I need it for sun.

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Hmmm not bad.  May have to check at target.  Thanks.

Tifosi glasses look nice, especially the jet wraps, but I've heard they run rather small.

SillyC

Most important thing is to put them on and jump around like an idiot in the store to make sure they don't slide around on your head.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I have best luck with cheap sunglasses off the rack too.  Any time I have bought sport ones, they are made of plastic and always crack in half at the nose.  I tend to be hard on my gear though.

Leah, mother of dogs

Latent Runner

These look perfect for the job.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                                • 2-mile: 13:49
                                • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                                • 5-Mile: 37:24
                                • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                                • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                                • Half Marathon: 1:42:13