Why Is the Republican Field So Extreme? (Read 2137 times)

You won't solve anything and you will wind up all pissed off at each other.

Some people might get pissed off but they're the ones looking to get pissed off.  Let's be honest--participating in this thread is not nearly as much a waste of time as "interacting" with sportjester.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

He didn't write that.  He wrote that it was the "most polarizing" aspect...

This makes as much sense as much of what you post.  I don't give two craps about his skin color.  It's a cheap cop-out to make any assumption that his polarizing nature has anything to due with his skin color.  After all, he's not Michael Jackson, he was the same race when he got elected as he is now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

This is going well.

Runners run

xor

This makes as much sense as much of what you post.  I don't give two craps about his skin color.  It's a cheap cop-out to make any assumption that his polarizing nature has anything to due with his skin color.  After all, he's not Michael Jackson, he was the same race when he got elected as he is now.

Still a charmer, I see.

He absolutely did not write what you paraphrased: that the only reason to disagree was based on skin color.  He didn't write that.  Like, at all.

xor

Some people might get pissed off but they're the ones looking to get pissed off.  Let's be honest--participating in this thread is not nearly as much a waste of time as "interacting" with sportjester.

Sure it is.  Serious response.

Ostrich runner

It's probably a cop out to say it's his most polarizing characteristic, but it's also patently not true that it has nothing to do with it. I spend much of every week with people in the lower economic classes of both black and white people. I hear some pretty shocking comments daily that have nothing to do with his policies. For that matter, many of the policy related criticisms I hear also have nothing to do with the reality of his policies.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Sure it is.  Serious response.

Agree to disagree.

Runners run

xor

Agree to disagree.

You're wrong.

Heh.

xor

It's probably a cop out to say it's his most polarizing characteristic, but it's also patently not true that it has nothing to do with it. I spend much of every week with people in the lower economic classes of both black and white people. I hear some pretty shocking comments daily that have nothing to do with his policies. For that matter, many of the policy related criticisms I hear also have nothing to do with the reality of his policies.

Unpossible.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

See, from where I sit, I don't see Obama as the one who is polarizing.  I see statements like, "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president" as being highly polarizing, while Obama's relatively Republican policies (that get shot down by the Republican Party) as being an attempt at compromise.  As Jeff and others have pointed out, in fact, they are maddeningly compromising...

Polarizing pres?  Nope, I don't see it.  Polarized congress? Yep, that I see.

See, from where I sit, I don't see Obama as the one who is polarizing.  I see statements like, "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president" as being highly polarizing, while Obama's relatively Republican policies (that get shot down by the Republican Party) as being an attempt at compromise.  As Jeff and others have pointed out, in fact, they are maddeningly compromising...

Polarizing pres?  Nope, I don't see it.  Polarized congress? Yep, that I see.

That's ridiculous.  You must be an idiot because only an idiot would say that.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Happy Camper

Hate is a strong word, I have no respect for her, but that is a completely different thing.  A person can have a child or children without using them as props, she used him as a prop and that is disgusting.  No I don't think she has an increased capacity for empathy, I think she is an extreme narcisist (sp?)  and everything is about her.  No I wouldn't want to live with people constantly mocking me either, but I didn't make the choice to be a politician, she did and that is part of the game.  She wants to live by her rules and say whatever she wants and doesn't ever want to ever be called out when she makes a mistake.  Someone asking what newspapers you read isn't a "gotcha" question just because you don't have a good answer and sound like confused teenager.   

As for the vilification of Bachman, you are the one who said that, how has she been vilified?  Replaying her words as she has said them is not vilification.  Showing how the things she has said or done are contradictory or just flat out wrong are also not vilification.   

How about being asked in a debate if "as President" would she be submissive to her husband? 

No, then OMG she has migraines and shouldn't be President.  You would think she was FDR with real problems.

No she just has religious values which  she is not ashamed to express, gave birth and parented 5 children and gave foster care to 23 more.  Were they just props too? 

Much different than sitting in a pew for 20 years and not standing up for what was said from the pulpit.  "The Audacity of Hype". 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

xor

What?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dog tags.  Definitely dog tags.  That would be da bomb.