Is it ok to just keep retrying to import periodically in the face of errors? (Read 383 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

When I get an error, I just try again later -- try the import over again, and it seems to import it again -- because I don't know any way to get back to see the temporary/staging one that was loaded the last time and failed before I had a chance to save it to my log.

I got something like this several times:

The server method "GetGpsPreferences" failed

I just got this:

The server method "UploadGpsWorkoutData" failed

I tried again and I got that same last one again.

I'm assuming that my best course of action is just to retry periodically. I hope I'm not hurting anything by just trying to import over again each time?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

AmoresPerros,

These are ajax commands and are issued from your browser.  It doesn't seem like your browser was connecting to the server.  If this is a server error, you'll be provided with a specific error and I will also be notified.  Without knowing your specific setup, I can't provide you with additional information.  If it doesn't bother you, you can keep trying.

eric :-)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Great -- no, it doesn't bother me; I was just hoping I wasn't stupidly filling up something on the server somewhere.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.