I'm not crazy am I? (Read 569 times)

I've been talking to a few of my friends and family (that say they are runners) about how excited I am to see our Canadian Olympic marathoners racing against Geoffry Mutai in the Ottawa 10K. 

None of them see the big deal.  It's just a bunch of fast guys running.  Umm its MUTAI people against our hometown Ried Coolseat. It's not going to happen in Canada again.

Geeze some people.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

I've been talking to a few of my friends and family (that say they are runners) about how excited I am to see our Canadian Olympic marathoners racing against Geoffry Mutai in the Ottawa 10K. 

None of them see the big deal.  It's just a bunch of fast guys running.  Umm its MUTAI people against our hometown Ried Coolseat. It's not going to happen in Canada again.

Geeze some people.

Sweet!

You actually just prompted me to take a look at the registered elite list, I think I may be swinging downtown Saturday night to take a look. I'd completely forgotten abotu the 10K elites, even though I started right behind them a couple years ago when I ran the 10K, even got to watch them for a while as I went out at 35min pace (as planned). Unfortuntately that race went horribly, horribly wrong. 

xor

>> Ried Coolseat

That is a wonderful name.  It sounds like an actor's name in a Western or something.

A Saucy Wench

I keep trying to figure out why, when I live near where Kara and Shalane train, I can never find a place to go stalk...err watch them run.  Anyway, I would be there.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I keep trying to figure out why, when I live near where Kara and Shalane train, I can never find a place to go stalk...err watch them run.  Anyway, I would be there.

Krista Duchenne is from my home town and lucky for me runs with the local club regularly. Now if only they'd let her go to London that would do great things for the us.  I know the city threw its support behind Kevin Sullivan when he was running the 10, 000 and the track club has some really good youngsters for the future.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K