Bad Run Today... (Read 624 times)

Jess runs for bacon

I had one Monday. Ain't no thing. I usually try to stick through it, and if I can't, I just write it off.

Better I Leave

Thanks again folks. Gonna have another go at it today and see how I fair. Raining like a sumbitch up here in the Mother Lode so it'll be the treadmill once again. Smile

I can usually tell when a bad day is coming.....at about the 1/2 mile mark I have to stop cause I feel crappy and need to breath (no matter how slowly I am running) and then usually at about the 1 mile mark I start feeling my calves.....by 1 1/2 to 2 miles my calves are BARKING at me and I check my pace to see its about 30 seconds to a minute slower than normal and I feel like I've run 8 to 10 miles already......

THEN, I normally stop running and walk home, take a nice long hot bath......and try it again the next day and I usually have a good run....

This happens about once per month........or so

Champions are made when no one is watching

I certainly hope this is just a "one off" as my half is 8 days away. I felt fine all day, ate proper and even had a few days off from running due to family obligations. I had an hour after work so I thought I'd knock out an easy 6 miles of treadmill work at the gym before heading home....right...

I run like shit on my next workout after more then a day off. Could be what happened to you.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Queen of 3rd Place

I agree with Tater and Burnt Toast. You'd think you'd be rested and fresh after a few days off but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Ex runner

Better I Leave

I agree with Tater and Burnt Toast. You'd think you'd be rested and fresh after a few days off but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Perhaps so! I went to the gym over lunch and knocked out 40 minutes today w/ an 8:45 over the entire duration...whew. I was thinking about my last run being this forthcoming Wednesday for my half on Saturday. Maybe I should just go for one last long run this weekend and a series of short runs up to race day, eh?

**Goes off to search other pre-half strategy threads**

Big grin

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Maybe your treadmill was a minute or two out of calibration.  The joke's on you!

Rubybaby43

enabler

Bad runs make the good runs that much better!

KLO

more miles = more beer