Carrying powder (Read 1540 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What is the best way to carry sports drink powder?  Whenever I use plastic bags or ziplocks, they open and the powder gets all over everything.  Old 35 mm film cannisters would be perfect, but they seem not to exist anymore.  The idea is to be able to run with powder and mix drink along the way, assuming a water source and a handheld water bottle.

Feeling the growl again

Don't you have labs there?  They should have plenty of screw cap topped 10-15mL tubes you can use.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prescription vial? 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

mini M&M's containers.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Prescription vial? 

I would second this.  Walk into any pharmacy and ask them for a couple, I usually just give them away.....want me to mail you some?

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Many options.  most already discussed here.  Another one would be a balloon (without air) taped at the top sort of drug dealerish, One of the multiple gel bottles that HEED, Asics, and many others make to clip to a fuel belt.  Those are just a few of them.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

You'll ruin your knees!

I have had success in using pre-measured snack baggies inside a heavier sandwich baggie.  That way, I don't need to worry about how much powder to put into my water bottle, I just empty the baggie.  I think the bag-in-bag concept helps reduce the friction on the snack baggies and keeps them from breaking.  You can get some of the thicker sandwich baggies that are pretty bullet proof.   I like the baggies over a hard container, as they pack much better, of course, ymmv

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

xor

What is the best way to carry sports drink powder?  Whenever I use plastic bags or ziplocks, they open and the powder gets all over everything.  Old 35 mm film cannisters would be perfect, but they seem not to exist anymore.  The idea is to be able to run with powder and mix drink along the way, assuming a water source and a handheld water bottle.

I just put it in a sandwich baggie, and then put that into a ziplock.  Or, "what jlb said".

protoplasm72

Make some time release capsules like some medications do.  Then eat a bunch of them before your run so that they will dissolve at different intervals during your run.  All you need to carry is the water.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

If you go to any outdoors store (or even the camping section of a department store), you'll find small, plastic, watertight, screw-top containers.  They're durable and super-cheap.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Ojo

The Container Store has a huge selection of mini bottles and containers.

Sara

MM #2929

Empty Nuun tubes (air-freaking-tight).

Empty Mentos tubes.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Why not individual packets?........... http://www.gatorade.com/default.aspx#product?s=g2-powder

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Empty plastic  liquor sample bottles (around here we call 'em "nips" or "nippers").

5 hour energy bottles, they would even pour into a water bottle easily.  I use them to carry my half and half to work.  My coworkers think I'm spiking my coffee with 5 hour energy.  The looks are priceless.