Learning to Use Garmin 305 (Read 1110 times)

flatland mountaineer

Its pretty easy as long as you don't get one that was possessed like mine was. Wink

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Does anyone know if your supposed to reset it (hold down the lap button) before each run? If I don't reset it, sometimes mine will continue the previous days run and not start a new one. When that happens I have to export to SportTracks, export the GPS data, delete the previous day's points, then import into SportTracks again. It's a pain in the butt!
        Does anyone know if your supposed to reset it (hold down the lap button) before each run?
        I reset before each and every run for exactly the reason you mentioned.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I reset before each and every run for exactly the reason you mentioned.
          I learned my lesson this weekend about that...

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Dave

Holding down the lap button is how you tell it that you're done with one "event" and want to start a new one. Continuing with the last event is exactly what the Garmin is supposed to do if you don't end that event by holding down the reset button. There is another key sequence that actually does a software reset on it. Something like power and mode held at the same time. The only major glitch I've had with mine is erratic behavior once the lap database memory was close to or actually filled up. At that point, I had to dump the data to sporttracks and erase all the data on the watch.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com