Broad Street Run (10 miles) with 10k training. (Read 113 times)

MissRobin

I am a very fit person that is very new to running. I completed two 5ks last year and am currently doing a 10k training program that I will finish two weeks before the Broad Street Run (10 miler). Any suggestions for the two weeks before the run? Other runners have told me that the run is so crowded that you are basically walking for the first mile or so.  Thanks!

I would suggest you gradually add to the distance of your longer runs in the 10k programme so you can handle the extra distance comfortably.

But with little information I cannot say more than that.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Dreamn

I have nothing to add to help you, but the race is crowded and doesn't thin at all.  So, if you're walking for the first mile, you must be walking for the entire race.  Expect to make lots of lateral moves around people Smile.

dallison

registered pw

If this is the case, you'll do fine. I am sure you can add an extra mile or two to your longest run this weekend and still be fine.

I have nothing to add to help you, but the race is crowded and doesn't thin at all.  So, if you're walking for the first mile, you must be walking for the entire race.  Expect to make lots of lateral moves around people Smile.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half