McMillan Calculator (Read 445 times)

I just recently found out about the McMillan calculator and wanted to see how accurate its prediction skills are for someone who didn't use it for training purposes. I was astonished to see that it came within 1 second for each of my personal best race paces! I used my best 10k time, 8:55 pace, as the input. For 5k, my predicted pace is 8:34, my actual best is 8:35. For HM, my predicted pace is 9:24, my actual best is 9:25. I'd say that's pretty accurate!
      I used my best 10k time, 8:55 pace, as the input. For 5k, my predicted pace is 8:34, my actual best is 8:35. For HM, my predicted pace is 9:24, my actual best is 9:25. I'd say that's pretty accurate!
      This is more a statement of your training efficiency. McMillan uses a Riegel exponent of 1.0685 which is more lenient than the 1.06 that most calculators use. Still, it takes a well trained person to match the predictor up to a 13.1 race. I commend you on your training plan. You're doing very well. Big grin

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.