Hey guys! Help with new poll (Read 273 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have paid way too much money in the past to see how bad I look. Not sure what I was thinking -- I've stopped paying money for photos, but I sometimes still look at the free ones. (I posted a free pic I found of myself in the "finish face" thread -- in it, I look like I felt.)

Some of those "finish face" photos are worth $10, IMO. Smile

an amazing likeness

poll

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I'll buy them - cost allowing - if there's something "special" about them.  Special reasons include, but are not limited to: first marathon, actually looking decent in the photo, something significant about the content.

When I paced my wife for her first half, I wound up at the back of the pack of the full marathoners (I had signed up for the full), which meant for a bit, I was the guy being followed by the police car (I made up ground pretty quickly).  As it happened, I went past the photographer like this, so I hammed it up and made like I was being chased by the fuzz.

Didn't turn out as hilarious as it was in my head, but I still bought that pack of photos, because hopefully, that's the last time I'll be bringing up the rear and have a police cruiser in the shot.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

JimR

pole?

I never did get my Kip Litton question answered. Sad

BeeRunB

A long time ago I decided I had seen enough photos of me running (22 pics--enough)

I switched to photos of me getting my armpits shaved by people

dressed in white jumpsuits. They kind of look like my running photos,

with the raised arms, but there's more of an artistic statement.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Cost is the simple answer.

Average 10 races a year x 26 years = Too many pictures.

Ran Boston in 2012 did not buy the picture.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

) Do you buy photos of yourself following a registered race? 
                  D) No 

2) If not, what is the reason for not doing so? (Choose more then one answer) 
                  A) Cost 
                  C) Inconvenience 
                  E) I don't want one 

3) How much would you be willing to pay for a high quality photo? 
                  F)  $0 

4) How would you rank your purchasing photo experience?

F) Have not purchased photo 

5) What are your questions, concerns, and/or concerns regarding race day photos? (Please comment)

I don't have stickers on my car or tattoos on my body either.  I get that some people are really into celebrating all that they experience and making sure other people can see it and know about it in every way possible.  It's just... not me.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Sure, why not?

A

N/A

D

B

I don't have any family taking photos of me during a race, my races are run along pathways here in Canada and Marathonfoto is non-existent here. So do I love to purchase photos when I get them? Definitely, as I can go 5-6 races without ever getting a racing picture. When I purchased my Boston ones through Marathonfoto, I did note the price to be a little excessive, but for the experience I bought. Would I pay $75 USD if I got pictures each and every race? Probably not...

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Well, I can't figure how to insert a photo into this post ... [Finally, just figured this out]

crossing the finish line with my daughters

But, I'm probably going to buy this photo of my daughters crossing the finish line with me at my second-ever marathon. Pretty special moment. They jumped onto the course and ran the last hundred yards with me.

Otherwise, I don't really buy race photos because I'm pretty sure I don't need a race photo. Unless the photo is unbelievably awesome. Which this photo, above, clearly is.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Well, I can't figure how to insert a photo into this post ... [Finally, just figured this out]

But, I'm probably going to buy this photo of my daughters crossing the finish line with me at my second-ever marathon. Pretty special moment. They jumped onto the course and ran the last hundred yards with me.

Otherwise, I don't really buy race photos because I'm pretty sure I don't need a race photo. Unless the photo is unbelievably awesome. Which this photo, above, clearly is.

Bandits!

I hope you administered severe spankings to the both of them.

(kidding, of course...that's a picture worth buying!)

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

L Train

5 feet off the ground.  Awesome pic.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Very nice!

steph  

Very nice!

It is very nice! And, darn good thing he didn't get DQ'd for being assisted :-)

5 feet off the ground.  Awesome pic.

^This. 1 heel strike away from being epic.  Still adorable.