My Garmin just paid for itself tenfold! (Read 1062 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Today I ran my first trail run. It was AWESOME (and pretty challenging in spots...lots of steep hills and valleys that aren't visible from the road)! Just over 3 miles, almost entirely on poorly marked trails. Love that I know how far I went and can look at the elevation profile. It's not an area that one could get lost in (head in any direction and one will hit roads and/or Lake MI), but the "official" trails are criss-crossed by tons of random unofficial ones. Awesome to meander and not worry about having to figure out where I was for logging the run.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

be careful, once you start running on trails, you'll never want to head back to the roads. you can become a trail snob. Smile, which is a beautiful thing.
      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

I've had to use mine to find my way back a few times, so it'll pay itself back a hundredfold the first time you need to do that. Glad you found some trails...they are a lot of fun! I did a couple of hours on 'em just this morning, in fact...
        be careful, once you start running on trails, you'll never want to head back to the roads. you can become a trail snob. Smile, which is a beautiful thing.
        Ayup.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, I am captain (heh, craptain) of a team of 6 crazy people who are running an 80 mile trail relay in June a couple of hours northeast of here...maybe I'll end up doing an ultra someday...nah (of course, I once "nah'd" the marathon thing, too, and look what happened there.. Tongue).

~ Sarah Kay

Well, I am captain (heh, craptain) of a team of 6 crazy people who are running an 80 mile trail relay in June a couple of hours northeast of here...maybe I'll end up doing an ultra someday...nah (of course, I once "nah'd" the marathon thing, too, and look what happened there.. Tongue).
            I just did a teleseminar with Tom Ryan, who is a 5k/10k guy, but one of the women was asking for advice on what she should do to get ready for pacing a friend of hers through a 100 miler. She'll probably wind up running 30-40 miles of it.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just did a teleseminar with Tom Ryan, who is a 5k/10k guy, but one of the women was asking for advice on what she should do to get ready for pacing a friend of hers through a 100 miler. She'll probably wind up running 30-40 miles of it.
              I cannot imagine running that distance on a trail. Road, yes...trail...nuh uh.

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Mine paid for itself several times when I was long running and they were paving the path around town. I was able to just turn off to some side streets and meander and not have to pay attention to what roads I was on so I could map it later. I've really learned my town since having the Garmin, I will explore a new area pretty often.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

look what happened there.. Tongue).
                  i saw a rockstar. Smile
                  And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i saw a rockstar. Smile
                    Hmmm...rockstar...like Keith Richards or Meatloaf...? Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmm...rockstar...like Keith Richards or Meatloaf...? Tongue
                      how about Debby Harry.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

how about Debby Harry.
                        Definitely better. Talk about a rock chick who has aged well (and without the drama that surrounds the likes of Madonna)! Hmmm...Sheila E. would be a good one, too. I'd like arms like hers. Guess if I played the drums like that I could have some sweet guns. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

i want her guns too.