No rest for the weary (Read 522 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I'm battling some sort of random bug that doesn't make me too sick to exercise, but makes sleep difficult (hacking cough) and had me in need of a nap this afternoon. I think I *maybe* nodded off for all of 15 minutes. The reasons for my inability to get a decent nap are as follows: • bed-hogging cats • phone ringing 2x (by the caller ID it appears to have been telemarketers. That "Do Not Call" registry is a load of bunk) • kid dumping Lego all over the floor, asking me if I'm sleeping (duh...not if you're talking to me, I'm not), and popping a balloon and then adding commentary (WTF?) • cats careening around the house in hot pursuit of a squirrel...yes, a squirrel (we've had 2 bats in this house and numerous mice, but this is our first squirrel). *sigh* So I locked the cats in the basement, cornered the little rodent in our bathroom, and then opened the back door and figured he would make for the yard. But no sign of the little demon. How in the hell did he escape?! I think I can hear him scuffling about in the walls, again, but I haven't a clue how he got out of the bathroom.... No more older than dirt houses. This is nuts. House I grew up in was also old and we had at least one snake in the walls of that place. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

cornered the little rodent in our bathroom, and then opened the back door and figured he would make for the yard. But no sign of the little demon. How in the hell did he escape?! I think I can hear him scuffling about in the walls, again, but I haven't a clue how he got out of the bathroom.... k
      kids are notoriously crafty little demons, i lock mine up all the time and he always manage to escape... oh wait, are you talking about the squirrel ? never mind then... Big grin good luck kicking the bug...i am starting to come down with something too and decided that if i'm gonna get sick i'm gonna fit in as many runs and surfing as possible..oh and I'm trying out this echinacea/immune boost tea that i got from the health food store, see if it works...
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

good luck kicking the bug...i am starting to come down with something too and decided that if i'm gonna get sick i'm gonna fit in as many runs and surfing as possible.
        That's kind of what I have been doing, too. I wish I would just get sick enough to not be able to exercise or feel well enough that it wouldn't be so unpleasant and take so much effort. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah, no squirrels today, but I feel so crappy that I'm not doing anything. I think the bug is moving on, finally, but the lack of sleep from coughing (and not being able to nap due to cute vermin in my home) has caught up with me. Sucks, too, 'cause my son's at school all day, there's not a cloud in the sky, and winds are very light. k

~ Sarah Kay